AC/DC

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Paul
Ugly
Ugly

AC/DC

Post by Paul »

I quite like them, as far as huge rock bands go, they are right up there with the biggest ever and they seem relatively down to earth as people, Brian always comes across well. I've never seen them live but their concerts sell out to massive crowds worldwide and they've been doing so for years.
They lost a long standing and founding band member, Malcolm Young last year and have just released their new album 'power up'

Their new album is a good solid rock album and is apparently an improvement on their last one, I've downloaded it and have played it a few times.

Having said that, although it's impossible to compare them to the stranglers, I can't help thinking that 'giants' is a far, far better album than AC/DC's latest.

Giants, is a much more diverse album, it has tracks of different tempo. The lyrics are a lot more varied. The melodies are better, the musicianship is better....it's just better.

It's taken me years to fully appreciate how good 'giants' is. It wont' take me that long to delete 'power up' from my phone. As a rock band, I still like AC/DC - but they're not as good as the real thing
:grin:
....near the nearside window.....
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: AC/DC

Post by Greatkudu »

Can't knock AC/DC, a great band, but prefer bonn Scott to Brian Johnson, but so admire Brian for finding a solution to his hearing problems, he is also a lovely down to earth man, and Angus Young a legend, I would actually like to see them live if we can go to gigs again. Lt Kudu.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

I don't think AC DC ever made another album as good as Highway To Hell, did they ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

aldinblack wrote: 15 Nov 2020, 01:11 I don't think AC DC ever made another album as good as Highway To Hell, did they ?

The first live album is a toe-tapper, as I recall.
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I know a lot of people who are into 'em. Can't stand 'em, though - sure, they rock, but I find 'em far less interesting than Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Alice Cooper etc.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I don't really get them sorry.
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

Love or Hate - totally get that I love them and really like the new LP - its ACDC thats all you need to know

live though OMG they are just something else - just unbelievable - i have been lucky to see them 6 times and Live the records just take on a new life - just amazing

Totally different than the MIB and cant be compared to each other but see them live ( if we ever see any bands live ....) and then judge
Homer
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Homer »

Seen them Newcastle Mayfair '78/'79? I like the first album but thats it really.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Black Sabbath are my fave ‘Heavy Rock’ band ever but I do have a soft spot for AC/DC, Bloody great band, seen em 3 times, twice at Donnington fest - (now called Download)

Got all of their albums and a few live DVD’s too.

And guess what?

They all sound the bloody same but who cares!?
If it ain’t broke you don’t fix it.

Or do you?
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Never seen A.C. DC but would still love to if I ever got the chance. I've probably left it a bit late now though..

It would be a great gig to go to, but their material, I dunno they only ever sing about women & booze really dont they ?
I got into the Highway To Hell album, and the one before that Powerage was quite good. They've obviously got a formula that works, but for me small doses only..

I'm sure a gig would be great though, but it's probably gonna be in the o2 arena or such like ...

I Hate You !
flintackles
SHAKESPEARO

Post by flintackles »

I was lucky to see them in January 1980 at Southampton Gaumont. Sadly this happened to be Bonn Scotts last gig. He died 3 weeks later.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

flintackles wrote:I was lucky to see them in January 1980 at Southampton Gaumont. Sadly this happened to be Bonn Scotts last gig. He died 3 weeks later.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
That must have been an amazing Gig!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk