Belated happy 85th Birthday to the Killer aka Jerry Lee

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Belated happy 85th Birthday to the Killer aka Jerry Lee

Post by Greatkudu »

OK doubt many fans on here but on 29th September it was Jerry Lee Lewis 85th birthday a controversial character but his god given talent and one of the greats of rock and roll can't be denied, been a fan for years, a unique piano style and voice and just a legend, and a punk before punk,on early gig, he didn't want to be upstaged so he set his piano on fire with paraffin in a coca cola bottle, I salute you Mr Lewis, let's hope you can rock on for a few years yet. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Belated happy 85th Birthday to the Killer aka Jerry Lee

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

He’s a nutter, prob why I’m a fan too. They don’t make them like that anymore. Bit paedo-ish with the cousin thing though, I believe she was about 12 when he married her? Saying that an ex member of our fave band was a bit like that too, ahem.
:?

I was also a big fan of Little Richard, always thought him and the Killer were a bit similar and kinda were responsible for inventing rock ‘n’ roll. They’re both as mad as a box of pissed off saw-scaled Vipers though.
8)
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Yes they are, yes the thing with his young bride nearly ruined his career, he went from earning thousands a night to a few hundred dollars, but kept on and not excusing his young bride, but in the deep south where Jerry Lee was born, it was common for women to marry young as life expectancy was short, and Myra who he married never said a bad word about Jerry Lee after their marriage failed, he overcame hardship and now has respect from his musical peers, one of my fave songs of his is his first single Crazy Arms, he just had birthday bash with rock royalty like Elton John and Ringo involved plus a rolling stone or to, bet Jerry Lee loved that, he's very frail now but still has the voice and can play great, an inspiration. Lt Kudu.
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

Greatkudu wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 15:32 Yes they are, yes the thing with his young bride nearly ruined his career, he went from earning thousands a night to a few hundred dollars, but kept on and not excusing his young bride, but in the deep south where Jerry Lee was born, it was common for women to marry young as life expectancy was short, and Myra who he married never said a bad word about Jerry Lee after their marriage failed, he overcame hardship and now has respect from his musical peers, one of my fave songs of his is his first single Crazy Arms, he just had birthday bash with rock royalty like Elton John and Ringo involved plus a rolling stone or to, bet Jerry Lee loved that, he's very frail now but still has the voice and can play great, an inspiration. Lt Kudu.
:(
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

cerdan6899 wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 18:32
Greatkudu wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 15:32 Yes they are, yes the thing with his young bride nearly ruined his career, he went from earning thousands a night to a few hundred dollars, but kept on and not excusing his young bride, but in the deep south where Jerry Lee was born, it was common for women to marry young as life expectancy was short, and Myra who he married never said a bad word about Jerry Lee after their marriage failed, he overcame hardship and now has respect from his musical peers, one of my fave songs of his is his first single Crazy Arms, he just had birthday bash with rock royalty like Elton John and Ringo involved plus a rolling stone or to, bet Jerry Lee loved that, he's very frail now but still has the voice and can play great, an inspiration. Lt Kudu.
:(
It is a fact about marriage in deep south years ago, thats why when Jerry Lee came to England he didn't hide her age, but he is a musical hero of mine, so I'm not judging him. He is happily married now to a woman nearer his own age, but it's all about the music to me. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Just to reiterate,I do not condone Jerry Lees marriage to a girl under 16,but he payed the price for saying her age, he was ostracised for many years, but he is still one of the pioneers of Rock and Roll and a legend, nice to see so many royals of music paying homage to the great man for his 85th birthday. Lt Kudu.