Gaye Black (a.k.a. Gaye Advert) ... how the Stranglers gave her her stage name

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Gaye Black (a.k.a. Gaye Advert) ... how the Stranglers gave her her stage name

Post by Frederik »

Punk icon, Gaye Black (a.k.a. Gaye Advert) talks to Punktuation!
https://www.punktuationmag.com/intervie ... erts-eyes/

... how the Stranglers gave her her stage name ....
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Re: Gaye Black (a.k.a. Gaye Advert) ... how the Stranglers gave her her stage name

Post by cerdan6899 »

Cheers, good read.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Gaye Black (a.k.a. Gaye Advert) ... how the Stranglers gave her her stage name

Post by porkymeat »

She mentions JJ in this interview with John Robb.

https://youtu.be/pzmKyuWFVas
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Frederik wrote: 15 Oct 2020, 23:50 Punk icon, Gaye Black (a.k.a. Gaye Advert) talks to Punktuation!

What a lovely woman, seems really shy too.
I had a crush on her back in ‘78 but she absolutely terrified me when I was a 11 year old punk.

It’s funny cos I was watching the vid above the other week and I saw another earlier vid of her without the makeup and she looks different again, an English Rose type.
It’s a shame she can’t play bass anymore due to Arthritis although she seems to be glad to be out of the music scene and is happy creating other art.
:?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 09:59
Frederik wrote: 15 Oct 2020, 23:50 Punk icon, Gaye Black (a.k.a. Gaye Advert) talks to Punktuation!

I had a crush on her back in ‘78 but she absolutely terrified me when I was a 11 year old punk.

It’s funny cos I was watching the vid above the other week and I saw another earlier vid of her without the makeup and she looks different again, an English Rose type.
It’s a shame she can’t play bass anymore due to Arthritis although she seems to be glad to be out of the music scene and is happy creating other art.
Yes nice lady, off thread some years ago I had drum lessons with the second Adverts drummer Rod Latter, Gaye used to visit him sometimes, he was a great drummer, and told me some good stories about supporting the Stranglers. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Sadly just read Rod Latter passed away last November age 70,very sad, he was also drummer in other bands including the maniacs, Gaye did keep in touch with him and TV Smith, Rod taught me alot about real world drumming, sad to find out he passed away last year. Lt Kudu.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Greatkudu wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 10:04
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 19 Oct 2020, 09:59

Yes nice lady, off thread some years ago I had drum lessons with the second Adverts drummer Rod Latter, Gaye used to visit him sometimes, he was a great drummer, and told me some good stories about supporting the Stranglers. Lt Kudu.
Hey that’s cool, ever get to meet Gaye?
8)
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Sadly not. Lt Kudu.