Damned Original Reunion on the cards?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Damned Original Reunion on the cards?

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 10:23 I reckon if they can keep their shit together and do this tour then other dates will be announced

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 10:12 Tickets for lovely Birmingham are £77.00, really a bit pricey, it's a bit cynical when you consider Rat and Captain hate each other, I think all dates will sell out very fast, maybe even today, so I wouldn't hang around.Lt Kudu.
Highly likely, if they do more dates it may cheese off Monty and Paul Grey, but dates will sell out very fast. Lt kudu, if stranglers or Hugh charged nearly £80.00 they would be crucified on here. :smt005
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I suspect Monty and Paul will come back in and Brian James out ala 1980

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 12:30
theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 10:23 I reckon if they can keep their shit together and do this tour then other dates will be announced

Jim
Greatkudu wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 10:12 Tickets for lovely Birmingham are £77.00, really a bit pricey, it's a bit cynical when you consider Rat and Captain hate each other, I think all dates will sell out very fast, maybe even today, so I wouldn't hang around.Lt Kudu.
Highly likely, if they do more dates it may cheese off Monty and Paul Grey, but dates will sell out very fast. Lt kudu, if stranglers or Hugh charged nearly £80.00 they would be crucified on here. :smt005
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
sendwarrior
Rats Rally

Post by sendwarrior »

Can't see Rat and especially Brian sticking around after these 4 dates!

This is a one-off, they won't do it again. Back to the previous line-up with a new drummer after July 👍
🖤 UNBROKEN 🖤
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I like how you know this information as fact like you're "with the band" or something :lol:

I bet even they aren't absolutely sure where they'll be after July. Sure they might state this is "the last time" but they did that in 1988 also and countless times before.

Jim
sendwarrior wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 14:50 Can't see Rat and especially Brian sticking around after these 4 dates!

This is a one-off, they won't do it again. Back to the previous line-up with a new drummer after July 👍
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

With the Damned who knows? But I guess if tickets sell fast, a few more dates will be added, but can't see rat and Brian returning long term? As the captain loves his guitar licks to much, so one off will be it? Especially at nearly £80.00 plus money from t shirts etc? A good earner. Lt kudu.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Like Rat said "everyone had their price" I can't blame them tbh. Who here would turn £250k away? It's a charitable amount if nothing else

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 21:09 Like Rat said "everyone had their price" I can't blame them tbh. Who here would turn £250k away? It's a charitable amount if nothing else

Jim

Yes good luck to them, if it's not sold out after weekend, I may be tempted? Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

If you go on Damned Facebook, they have the press conference from Roundhouse, they seem OK together, Rat does alot of the talking, you can see why he clashed with the Captain, Dave a more placid character. Lt Kudu.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 16:36 I like how you know this information as fact like you're "with the band" or something :lol:

I bet even they aren't absolutely sure where they'll be after July. Sure they might state this is "the last time" but they did that in 1988 also and countless times before.

Jim
sendwarrior wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 14:50 Can't see Rat and especially Brian sticking around after these 4 dates!

TBF Jim, it's only like you stating that the band will get about a million quid to share out of this :smt003
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Bobinblack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 16:36 I like how you know this information as fact like you're "with the band" or something Image

Jim

This is a one-off, they won't do it again. Back to the previous line-up with a new drummer after July Image
TBF Jim, it's only like you stating that the band will get about a million quid to share out of this :smt003
Not really. I said they'll "probably" make a million not "they will" or "they won't". Mine wasn't quite the statement of fact.

Jim

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Bobinblack wrote: 24 Oct 2020, 10:00
theraven1979 wrote: 23 Oct 2020, 16:36 I like how you know this information as fact like you're "with the band" or something :lol:

Jim

:lol:
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Tickets are over £70
Shocking and sad, but human greed never surprises me.