https://www.punktuationmag.com/intervie ... t-scabies/

Jim

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Damned Original Reunion on the cards?

Post by elvisintheclouds »

? 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

well, it would be really nice.
But at the same time, Paul G and Monty would be out, so I'd hope they would do a DDD set with Brian and then the other stuff with Rat on drums.\I'd like to see him in the studio with them too.

They have a new EP in October, the last recordings with Pinch, and it's OK but needs some RAT chaos in there.

His Sinclairs stuff is good by the way if you like a bit of twangy guitar!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Lafleur »

Wonder when The Damned will decide who's their new drummer... Rat would be great but it will be Captain who has to say yes as he's a problem with Rat (don't know which one). By the way Hugh Cornwell has a problem with JJ or vice versa. Life's not easy but it could :smt006
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I guess bands from this era original members still alive are probably thinking about their pensions. And as Rat puts it “I don’t want to be standing around one of our graves talking to Dave or Captain saying, ‘we should have done that reunion’. We are lucky that we are all still alive and breathing and we can still play. So, yeah, I would hate for it to be too late to play with them and to be part of that again.”

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
cerdan6899
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by cerdan6899 »

Would a MGE set with Algy Ward be a reasonable request, or is that a non starter?. Not really sure what the reasosns were for that separation.
i want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

I would be very surprised if Rat played with the Damned again live? As him and the Captain hate each other, Dave gets on with Rat OK but the Captain another matter, Dave said they were looking for a younger drummer, who wouldn't even be full time, but who knows? The Damned do great as a live band, so I can't see people flocking to see them If Rat came back for some gigs, but the interview with Rat certainly does hint? So maybe it will happen? But both Rat and the Captain will need to eat a very large piece of humble pie, but as Paul Grey has been working with Rat he might have been a peace maker? Time will tell? I wouldnt mind seeing then with Rat but to be honest Pinch who left was a better drummer than Rat but Rat had more character and wasn't a great technical drummer. Lt Kudu.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

cerdan6899 wrote: 22 Sep 2020, 08:54 Would a MGE set with Algy Ward be a reasonable request, or is that a non starter?. Not really sure what the reasosns were for that separation.
Thats about as likely as Hugh ever playing with JJ again, it isn't going to happen, and what's the point when they have one of the best bass players in Paul Grey. Lt Kudu.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

I read somewhere that someone (possibly Sensible) was asked if the four original members of the Damned would ever be in the same room together, to which the answer was “yes, but only three would come out alive”. I think it’s about as likely as Hugh and JJ being on stage together again, ie 0%.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Boody wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 06:56 I read somewhere that someone (possibly Sensible) was asked if the four original members of the Damned would ever be in the same room together, to which the answer was “yes, but only three would come out alive”. I think it’s about as likely as Hugh and JJ being on stage together again, ie 0%.
Yes true, it shows the darker side of the Captain when Rat is mentioned, don't know what the issue is with Rat and the Captain but Dave is on good terms with Rat. Lt Kudu.
Last edited by Greatkudu on 26 Sep 2020, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Greatkudu wrote:
Boody wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 06:56 I read somewhere that someone (possibly Sensible) was asked if the four original members of the Damned would ever be in the same room together, to which the answer was “yes, but only three would come out alive”. I think it’s about as likely as Hugh and JJ being on stage together again, ie 0%.
Yes true, it shows the darker side of the Captain when Ray is mentioned, don't know what the issue is with Ray and the Captain but Dave is on good terms with Rat. Lt Kudu.
From what I have read the issue is money. Not very rock and roll.... My understanding is that Rat and his dad took over management of the band in the 1980s and there was what can euphemistically be called a trust issue.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Boody wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 08:49
Greatkudu wrote:
Yes true, it shows the darker side of the Captain when Ray is mentioned, don't know what the issue is with Ray and the Captain but Dave is on good terms with Rat. Lt Kudu.
From what I have read the issue is money. Not very rock and roll.... My understanding is that Rat and his dad took over management of the band in the 1980s and there was what can euphemistically be called a trust issue.
I've heard that, never issue with stranglers as they all got the same money and Hugh still part of the business plugshaft I think name is. Lt Kudu.