The Who possibly greatest live band ever at their peak?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Re: The Who possibly greatest live band ever at their peak?

Post by Niki Wu »

Who said I listen to coldplay? I saw the Who a few years back. The sound was shit and kept cutting out. I was surprisingly starstruck seeing Roger Daltrey though, standing there with his mug of tea. I think it was the first time they'd played here since the late seventies. The guy who promoted the earlier gig was an ex DJ, one of a close knit group of local ex mod/ex hippie businessmen and musicians who I avoid if I possibly can .....for a long time I'd liked to assume the days of being a 4 year old chaperone were way behind me.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Niki Wu wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 21:05 Who said I listen to coldplay? I saw the Who a few years back. The sound was shit and kept cutting out. I was surprisingly starstruck seeing Roger Daltrey though, standing there with his mug of tea. I think it was the first time they'd played here since the late seventies. The guy who promoted the earlier gig was an ex DJ, one of a close knit group of local ex mod/ex hippie businessmen and musicians who I avoid if I possibly can .....for a long time I'd liked to assume the days of being a 4 year old chaperone were way behind me.
I do apologise, accusing someone of listening to Coldplay is not on! :grin: I got you confused with one of the 6 (and counting) or so sensitive types on ere :?
Niki Wu
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Niki Wu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 22:28
Niki Wu wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 21:05 Who said I listen to coldplay? I saw the Who a few years back. The sound was shit and kept cutting out. I was surprisingly starstruck seeing Roger Daltrey though, standing there with his mug of tea. I think it was the first time they'd played here since the late seventies. The guy who promoted the earlier gig was an ex DJ, one of a close knit group of local ex mod/ex hippie businessmen and musicians who I avoid if I possibly can .....for a long time I'd liked to assume the days of being a 4 year old chaperone were way behind me.
I do apologise, accusing someone of listening to Coldplay is not on! :grin: I got you confused with one of the 6 (and counting) or so sensitive types on ere :?
I wasn't judging anyone for listening to Coldplay. Actually I have listened to Coldplay, though not through choice. "Sensitive" is that a euphemism? 6 and counting?
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

On reflection I don't think the Who were the greatest live band ever, it's opinion, I still think the Stranglers were the best live band in their peak, but that's my opinion, so many great live bands the damned, doors, beatles, ZZ Top, Buzzcocks, new model army, killing Joke, Ruts, the Addicts, hugh Cornwell, undertones, 999,alice Cooper, I could go on, so I don't think who are best live band ever, but take away all the smashing of guitars and drums and you just have a very exciting band who then became boring and up their own arses, with Pete Townshend slagging the Stranglers off in 1977 as they felt threatened by what was happening, I always wondered when the Stranglers supported the Who in 1979,did JJ and Townshend shake hands or have a chat? Lt Kudu.