Bands with just 1 decent album

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

User avatar
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite
Posts: 33225
Joined: 22 Dec 2001, 11:41
Location: Saltaire
Contact:

Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by theraven1979 »

Ok the title is a little harsh but it struck me earlier that there's some bands that IMHO only have 1 decent album. Or putting it another way there are some bands I don't really care for apart from 1 album. For example:

Document - REM
In The Garden - Eurythmics


Any others?


Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"

User avatar
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1407
Joined: 25 Jan 2014, 13:20
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by Boody »

I only liked the first Clash album but I dare say I am in a minority.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.

User avatar
gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1704
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 00:39
Location: Rochdale

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by gjinblack »

A bit tongue in cheek - Sex Pistols.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

euromanc-ometh

User avatar
s.harris
The Man They Love To Hate
Posts: 902
Joined: 09 Mar 2009, 23:16

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by s.harris »

Manic Street Preachers Generation Terrorists.
'Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining'

User avatar
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack
Posts: 3061
Joined: 26 Nov 2003, 11:57
Location: Norwich
Contact:

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by parasiteinblack »

Propaganda - A Secret Wish.

Interesting that Jim has picked REM because I'd be tempted to nominate "Green" over "Document".
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth
Posts: 7230
Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 15:34
Location: Kent

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by jason »

s.harris wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 17:44
Manic Street Preachers Generation Terrorists.
No disagree with that! :shock:

User avatar
MiB81
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1719
Joined: 05 Jun 2012, 11:44
Location: Moving like a coin in the air
Contact:

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by MiB81 »

parasiteinblack wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:21
Propaganda - A Secret Wish.

Interesting that Jim has picked REM because I'd be tempted to nominate "Green" over "Document".
Yup, and I'd say Murmur and Reckoning piss over anything else REM ever did :lol:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...

StanInBlack
The Raven
The Raven
Posts: 2169
Joined: 04 Apr 2002, 10:30
Location: Durham, England.

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by StanInBlack »

MiB81 wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:15
parasiteinblack wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:21
Propaganda - A Secret Wish.

Interesting that Jim has picked REM because I'd be tempted to nominate "Green" over "Document".
Yup, and I'd say Murmur and Reckoning piss over anything else REM ever did :lol:
I disagree with all of you and I'd say that the only R.E.M. album I don't like is Around the Sun.

User avatar
Cells&Plasma
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1604
Joined: 29 Oct 2008, 17:23
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent, England, UK, Europe, The World!!!!

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by Cells&Plasma »

StanInBlack wrote:
MiB81 wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:15
parasiteinblack wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 18:21
Propaganda - A Secret Wish.

Interesting that Jim has picked REM because I'd be tempted to nominate "Green" over "Document".
Yup, and I'd say Murmur and Reckoning piss over anything else REM ever did Image
I disagree with all of you and I'd say that the only R.E.M. album I don't like is Around the Sun.
I like Fables of The Reconstruction and Life's Rich Pageant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sir Martin Rushent: “In my experience, the longer you spend making a piece of music, the more likely it is to be a pile of shit.”

JJB: "You say we have strange keyboard parts, well, we have a strange keyboardist! What can I say?"

User avatar
MiB81
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1719
Joined: 05 Jun 2012, 11:44
Location: Moving like a coin in the air
Contact:

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by MiB81 »

Kinda proves REM's "just 1 decent album" is highly debatable.
Now for a dead cert-

Oasis - Deffo Mibees.
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...

User avatar
Rich
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1846
Joined: 23 Oct 2003, 13:24
Location: North By North West

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by Rich »

Cells&Plasma wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 21:16
StanInBlack wrote:
MiB81 wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 19:15


Yup, and I'd say Murmur and Reckoning piss over anything else REM ever did Image
I disagree with all of you and I'd say that the only R.E.M. album I don't like is Around the Sun.
I like Fables of The Reconstruction and Life's Rich Pageant.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I actually quite lie 'Around The Sun' (songs were much better live). However, my favourite REM album is 'New Adventures....'

Rich.
Black and White becomes........

aldinblack
Ugly
Ugly
Posts: 1824
Joined: 08 Jan 2008, 22:56
Location: Bedfordshire

Re: Bands with just 1 decent album

Post by aldinblack »

jason wrote:
s.harris wrote:
27 Jul 2020, 17:44
Manic Street Preachers Generation Terrorists.
No disagree with that! :shock:
Yeah definitely a bit harsh, although Generation could be said to be their best ?

I would have thought a lot of Stranglers fans could at least like The Holy Bible, with it being quite a dark album like...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I Hate You !

Post Reply