Ginger Baker RIP-possibly the greatest drummer ever?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Ginger Baker RIP-possibly the greatest drummer ever?

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Thing is they don’t make drummers like the guys we have mentioned anymore. Not just drummers though there seems to be a lack of ‘characters’ in many bands. I guess they’ve cleaned up their act and are so frightened of being even slightly naughty cos of fear of being sued by some boring snowflake.
They just don’t make em like The Strangkers anymore :smile:
It’s such a shame :?
Bring back Lemmy and Philip Animal Taylor!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Ginger Baker RIP-possibly the greatest drummer ever?

Post by Greatkudu »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 22:32 Thing is they don’t make drummers like the guys we have mentioned anymore. Not just drummers though there seems to be a lack of ‘characters’ in many bands. I guess they’ve cleaned up their act and are so frightened of being even slightly naughty cos of fear of being sued by some boring snowflake.
They just don’t make em like The Strangkers anymore :smile:
It’s such a shame :?
Bring back Lemmy and Philip Animal Taylor!
Sadly in modern society, characters are a dying breed in film, music and sport, most actors today are boring, we used to have people like Richard Harris, Burton, John Wayne, Bogart, mitchum etc, in sport you had sheene, hunt, best, now its very mundane, music to its only the old guys that seem to have the character. Lt Kudu, almost killed on bike earlier by fellow rider who overtook with me coming towards him, time to hang up leathers?