Sex Pistol Steve Jones on Instagram + Jonesy’s Jukebox

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Sex Pistol Steve Jones on Instagram + Jonesy’s Jukebox

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Never really heard of Instagram or used it but I listen to Sex Pistol Steve Jones’s radio show (Jonesy’s Jukebox) from LA everyday via Podcasts and then discovered through that his Instagram thing, check it out, the guys hilarious! especially when he dresses up and his videos.
He interviewed Hugh on Jonesy’s Jukebox about 10 years ago but you can’t get the podcast anymore for some reason.
He has all sorts of guests on, musicians, movie stars, comedians etc.

https://www.instagram.com/jonesysjukebox/?hl=en

If you watch just one of his vids on Instagram then just watch this one - lol
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnhCIsJB4vV/

Could you imagine Hugh or JJ doing something like that? Lol
He’s clearly loving and enjoying his life out in California, good on him and cool to know he’s been off the smack and booze for 28 years now.

Latest show from a few days ago with Ozzy & Sharon Osbourne, Ozzy and Steve are hilarious as usual...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-QeF4pQoD8
Yanders
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Sex Pistol Steve Jones on Instagram + Jonesy’s Jukebox

Post by Yanders »

He's having the time of his life over there, isn't he?

I've only heard a few of his radio shows,I should listen to more. He gets some good guests.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Absolutely!
If you think about it his early life was bloody awful (Quite evident in his autobiography) but he is one hell of a lucky bugger now considering he joined a manufactured boy band (I love the Sex Pistols but that is basically the truth) and he’s made one classic album that in some people’s eyes changed the world. That guitar tone of his has influenced many guitar players, me too.
He’s still a Sex Pistol but doesn’t enjoy the touring and I get the impression that John Lydon is a problem for him, he says he finds touring with the Pistols no fun at all, not played or toured with em since 2008? and I think he said he doesn’t want to do that anymore. He recently said that Lydon is one of the most insecure people he’s ever known.
Along with another guy he owns a football team! (Hollywood United) which he used to play in and another team (Over 40s (Dad's Army) along with mates like Billy Duffy, Ian Astbury, Vivian Campbell, Ray Winstone, Vinnie Jones etc.
His current ‘day job’ is working on a Radio show called ‘Jonesy’s Jukebox’ and works just the 2 hours a day on that, Mon-Fri.
He used to hang around with Mickey Rourke and had a bit of a Motorbike gang with Rourke and Paul Simonon from The Clash and basically just pulled up outside Hollywood clubs and pulled the birds.
He’s just formed a new band, Generation Sex, they did a free one off show in LA but I get the feeling the Gen X guys wanna tour it, not sure if he does.
He could always get his ‘Supergroup ‘ band back together - ‘Neurotic Outsiders’.
He could always rejoin The Professionals who’ve just reformed without him.
He lives in a nice gaff in the Hollywood Hills, Benedict Canyon I believe? Rides a few nice looking Motorbikes.
He’s put on a few, well a lot of stone-ige but I bet he can still pull cos there’s probably a lotta birds who still just want to fuck a Sex Pistol/Rock Star.
Blimey I sound like a stalker but yep he’s definitely having the time of his life out there!

If he was doing all that over here, us miserable Brits would try and put him down all the time and rip him to shreds.
But over in America it’s so different, especially in California, they are so positive. Over there it’s like “Yeah you go for it mate, good on ya pal, all the best to ya”
Other here in the UK especially with our nasty Newspapers it’s like “Who the fuck does he think he is? fucking Wanker, traitor going to America and all that blah blah blah bollocks etc”
Last edited by Arthur Streeb-Greebling on 16 Dec 2018, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Yanders

Post by Yanders »

Funny you say he's friends with Ray Winston, I thought Steve's looks like Ray in Sexy Beast in some of his Instagram photos. :shock:

I remember reading about the sex pistols reunion tours. They made a fortune from them, but the others had to travel separately to John, and stay in different hotels. I think it was Steve who persuaded Glen to do the tour, because he wasn't keen to work with John again. I wonder what Lydon said to piss the others off so much, and what it must have been like to be on stage with someone you're not really talking to.

The money no doubt helps him live well in LA, I bet he's doing Jukebox because he enjoys it, rather than needed the money. But I think you're right about the attitude being different in America. We tend to be a bit embarrassed about older rock stars, whereas they are more embraced over there.

I've just subscribed to his podcast to remind be to listen to it more, and I'll have to get round to reading his autobiography.
Sinister

Post by Sinister »

Yeah that Jonesy's Jukebox is very a good listen/watch (there's loads of shows on youtube)
As mentioned he has had some great guests, I'd love to hear/see the Hugh show.
His interviews are always quite funny and they chat about anything and everything. 8)
Whooo's there in the shadows
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiNj7GIl7Ps/

He’s looking all clean and sober here. But look who he’s pulled! jeez she’s was gorgeous especially back in the 90’s, a body built for fcuking! and I bet he did too the lucky sod!
Had competition though from Tommy Lee, anyone seen the Pam & Tommy Lee vid? He’s a got a huge snake in his pants!