Sex Pistol Steve Jones back on stage with ‘Generation Sex’

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Sex Pistol Steve Jones back on stage with ‘Generation Sex’

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Yeah that’s Jonesy up there looking ahem.......shall we say ‘a bit big boned’ these days and Paul Cook, two of the Sex Pistols playing with Billy Idol and Tony James doing Generation X and Sex Pistols choonz at the Roxy In L.A. a couple nights ago.
Always loved Jonesy’s guitar playing, simple and no faffing about, he was one of my first guitar heroes along with Hugh and my bass hero, Mr JJ Burnel.

‘Never Mind The Bollocks’ IMHO has the best Gibson Les Paul sound ever committed to tape or whatever Guitars he was using along with a Fender Twin Amplifier, I do believe?
Great to see him back on stage and not doing his Jonesy’s Jukebox radio show or with that miserable tosser John Lydon.

Not a fan of Tony James he was in Generation X too and that pile of shite ‘Sigue Sigue Sputnik’
Not a fan of Billy Idol at all, didn’t JJ call him a fake and pulled Idols trousers down at a gig once? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Generation Sex-The Gig -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PgEvf2N0Dus
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Sex Pistol Steve Jones back on stage with ‘Generation Sex’

Post by MULLY »

It wasn't the Generation X reunion that I wanted (where were Derwood & Laff??) but summat was better than nowt. Good to hear some of those early Generation X songs live again - but the choice of Pistols material was pretty naff (mostly the dog-end songs when there was just the two) and as for 'My Way' Lawks-a-lawdy!!

Needed more rehearsal time - that mighta got the audience a tad more excited.

Spoilt opportunity IMHO.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Sex Pistol Steve Jones back on stage with ‘Generation Sex’

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Gen X, I can’t really think of any of their songs apart from about 2 singles. Always thought they were crap, it was always the girls who liked em at school.

JJ shoulda embarrassed Tony James and pulled his trousers down too.

When Tony James was in Shit Shit Spunkbucket, Sique Heil Spunkarses or whatever they were called, he was rumoured to be clever but he certainly didn’t look or act clever. He looked a twat. He’s also been bald for years, (did you see his Syrup move at beginning of interview below? it nearly fell off, lol, it’s alive!) he’s just got a syrup on for Generation Sex.

If you’ve gone bald, forget about it or just shave the rest off, jeez don’t be looking a dickhead ‘Tones.
If Generation Sex tour the UK I’m going to see em just to pull off clever Tony’s Syrup and twat that soft little cunt, Billy ‘I’m a tough guy’ Idol. Look at him with his sunglasses on in the studio, hes a bit fuckin daft int he, and all that hard man snarling routine, yawn.

Jonesy, what the fuck are you doing with these two tossers?

Tony James and Billy Idol on Jonesy's Jukebox 5/21/18

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWQptqS75s