Glastonbury

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

airflamesred
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Glastonbury

Post by airflamesred »

pigeon wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 00:48 He skinned the Stags for the meat so he could feed hes family.

Hang on a minute.
James Hetfield, lead singer of Metallica, one of the most commercially successful bands of all time, having sold over 150 million records worldwide, 61st on a list of The 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, way in front of Showaddywaddy I might add, selling a total of 59.12 million albums in the U.S, has to resort to skinning Stags to feed his family?
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

airflamesred wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 17:10
pigeon wrote: 01 Jul 2017, 00:48 He skinned the Stags for the meat so he could feed hes family.

Hang on a minute.
James Hetfield, lead singer of Metallica, one of the most commercially successful bands of all time, having sold over 150 million records worldwide, 61st on a list of The 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, way in front of Showaddywaddy I might add, selling a total of 59.12 million albums in the U.S, has to resort to skinning Stags to feed his family?
He apparently likes to do it the organic way plus this happens to him when he goes into a supermarket

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jxRWle1rF4
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm guessing they haven't shown the Stranglers on the repeats this year?
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

jason wrote:I'm guessing they haven't shown the Stranglers on the repeats this year?
nope, no chance of that I thought they hadn't even bothered to record it ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I Hate You !
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

It would have been a nice tribute to Dave if they had but I guess that sums up the BBC.
Frederik
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Frederik »

droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I haven't seen that video before, but it pretty much confirms that the reason you don't see them on the BBC is that it wasn't filmed. There are static cameras below the front of stage, but I imagine that's for the big video screens either side - there didn't seem to be anyone on stage filming.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Can’t believe they didn’t film The Stranglers at Glastonbury.
There’s one video on youtube of some folk walking up to see The Stranglers and filming as they do. When they get to The Stranglers it’s quite a wow moment, the audience is huge, it’s a headlining type audience and I believe they had a bigger crowd than U2, but no filming? Crazy.
Perhaps on the day before, JJ nicked Micheal Eavis’s packed lunch and Eavis being a daft old bugger told the camera crew to give the band nowt and not to film em too?
:? :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAY6b4kSySk