Name the last brilliant album you bought ?

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Name the last brilliant album you bought ?

Post by MiB81 »

parasiteinblack wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 13:12 ...

Also I've been listening through the Kraftwerk 3D Katalog thing that's come out and there's some excellent new versions of old tracks on there. The entire Autobahn album was incredibly well done for one, and multiple highlights over the next three LPs too. It's only when I got to Computerwelt that things stopped impressing me quite so much. It still sounded great, and the songs are great, but that album in particular felt like there was little added and so a little pointless to me. A shame also that Der Telefon Anruf is missing the vocals, but maybe it was "too Karl" for him :wink:

A little pointless sounds a little apt- are these more re-recordings, like The Mix, but closer to the original versions?
:smt017 :smt102
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

I managed to get a ticket to see Kraftwerk next week - can't wait!
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I've put a request in to my son for the new Charlatans album for fathers day. I really enjoyed their last album.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

MiB81 wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 17:41

Also I've been listening through the Kraftwerk 3D Katalog thing that's come out and there's some excellent new versions of old tracks on there. The entire Autobahn album was incredibly well done for one, and multiple highlights over the next three LPs too. It's only when I got to Computerwelt that things stopped impressing me quite so much. It still sounded great, and the songs are great, but that album in particular felt like there was little added and so a little pointless to me. A shame also that Der Telefon Anruf is missing the vocals, but maybe it was "too Karl" for him :wink:

A little pointless sounds a little apt- are these more re-recordings, like The Mix, but closer to the original versions?
yes pretty much, although a few more "modern" ideas chucked in here and there, even on the Tour de France album. Vitamin sounds a fair bit different for example, but the first four discs are probably the best as I say.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Pop will eat itself- anti-nasty league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

parasiteinblack wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 13:12 I've recently got the new Charlotte Hatherley album "True Love" which is pretty groovy. Much more ethereal and synthy than her earlier stuff, evoking a Blade Runner kind of atmosphere. Recommended.

Interesting. Hoping to see them next weekend.
Retrocanary
Down In The Sewer

Post by Retrocanary »

parasiteinblack wrote: 05 Jun 2017, 14:24
MiB81 wrote: 04 Jun 2017, 17:41

yes pretty much, although a few more "modern" ideas chucked in here and there, even on the Tour de France album. Vitamin sounds a fair bit different for example, but the first four discs are probably the best as I say.
Completely agree - some brilliant new versions, some pointless soundalike re-recordings. Stuff like Airwaves, Showroom Dummies, Sex Object sounding brilliant. Computer Love, Music Non-Stop, The Robots sound the same they have done for the past 25 years on The Mix, Minimum-Maximum and in concert.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

ThruBeingCool wrote: 10 Jun 2017, 21:43
parasiteinblack wrote: 03 Jun 2017, 13:12 I've recently got the new Charlotte Hatherley album "True Love" which is pretty groovy. Much more ethereal and synthy than her earlier stuff, evoking a Blade Runner kind of atmosphere. Recommended.

Interesting. Hoping to see them next weekend.
Really? I love Kraftwerks music but Kraftwerk live?

Watching 4 fat bald geezers press buttons on laptops sounds really exciting. Jeez I'd rather go and watch 4 fat bald geezers paint a wall, I'm kinky like that.
😀
kenl
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by kenl »

The Kraftwerk show was absolutely unbelievable.

Best concert i have ever been to, it could well be!