The Damned Margate 19/12/16

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Sidinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

The Damned Margate 19/12/16

Post by Sidinblack »

Finally, after being cancelled on the 9th December,due to Dave V being ill, this gig actually happened (they also had to cancel a gig in Chatham as the venue went bust).
The gig was recorded live and the cd available after the show. £20 for a double CD in a gatefold case.
This was the clearest sound I have ever heard from the Damned and the addition of a trumpet player really lifted Eloise, and Grimly Fiendish sounded as good as the studio recording. The punkier songs like New Rose and Love Song sounded too polished for my liking, but never the less good to hear them live.
The Stranglers got a mention from the Captain after someone shouted out they loved the Damned. He said we're like The Stranglers we don't do love.
After the gig they were handing out black sticks of rock with The Damned Margate Rocks through the middle.
The other have was quiet happy after having her photo taken with Monty.
Blind acceptance is a sign - of stupid fools who stand in line.
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Re: The Damned Margate 19/12/16

Post by Cells&Plasma »

I had tickets for both Chatham and Margate but could not make the rescheduled gig on the 19th!! Can you buy the CD online??

Sent from my SM-G900K using Tapatalk
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Cells&Plasma wrote:I had tickets for both Chatham and Margate but could not make the rescheduled gig on the 19th!! Can you buy the CD online??

Vinyl, CD or download. All still available through the Pledge page (separate to the new studio album Pledge page).
Here's the link.
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/the ... in-margate

Also, Margate was the first time they've promised to play ALL of 'Damned Damned Damned' and actually played 'Stab Your Back'.
First, and probably last, time in 20 years.
ManInBrown
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Thanks Rockula!!

elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Cheers for the Review 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Rockula wrote:
Cells&Plasma wrote:I had tickets for both Chatham and Margate but could not make the rescheduled gig on the 19th!! Can you buy the CD online??

Vinyl, CD or download. All still available through the Pledge page (separate to the new studio album Pledge page).
Here's the link.
http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/the ... in-margate

Also, Margate was the first time they've promised to play ALL of 'Damned Damned Damned' and actually played 'Stab Your Back'.
First, and probably last, time in 20 years.
Yes, I was pleased that they did that.
Whether or not they like the sentiment of the song, its on DDD and should be played!

It's a great recording by the way!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Sadly I couldn't make any of The Damned's tour dates this year,they are a band on fire at the moment.I ordered the "Live in Margate CD" from pledge,played the first half earlier

It's almost to good for a live CD it's that good,it really captures a band at the top of their game live,totally brilliant.I will be seeing them live next year as I will be having a choice

of going to any Damned gig in Uk and abroad with meet and greet thrown in.So something to look forward to apart from The Stranglers tour.I just wonder with The Margate gig,did they

clean up the sound or do any dubbing? it is the best quality live recording I have ever heard.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Greatkudu wrote: I just wonder with The Margate gig, did they clean up the sound or do any dubbing? it is the best quality live recording I have ever heard.
If they did any 'cleaning up' it would have to have been mighty quick.
It was available for download the following day.
ManInBrown
Sidinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Sidinblack »

The sound was the clearest I have heard a live band probably ever. I think the guy on the mixing desk knew what he was up to as well. I think they must have spent a few bob getting everything right that night. The sticks of rock they gave out (for free) are £10 on the pledge site.
Blind acceptance is a sign - of stupid fools who stand in line.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Thanks for the review Sid. I was thinking about going to this gig, as it was re arranged for on a day off from work. But i had no way back home from Margate. And they played "Stab your back". Not a favourite of mine, but i haven't seen them play it yet. I haven't pre orderd the live album. wrong tme of year. I will look forward to the album, and to see them again at the Camden Rocks festival next year.