Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Killing Joke Butlins Bognor Regious

Post by Ravenette »

Have seen them. They are good!
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
nickinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Post by nickinblack »

It always pleases me to read on here Stranglers fans into Killing Joke.I remember when I first saw The Stranglers live in 1980 and 1981 all the leather jackets with Killing Joke on the back.It took me aback a bit because I was a fan too so I was pleasantly surprised.Think 2006 was the last time I saw them,must catch them again soon.
behold the stranglers bring you aural sculpture
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Saw them at Brixton Academy last Friday. Best time i have seen them so far out of the 4 times i have seen them.

The Death And Resurection Show was a highlight. Plus plently from the brilliant Pylon which suits me fine.

Just added "Revelations" to my collection now as i like "The Hum" live at Brixton last friday. Currently listening to "Whats this for?" on you tube
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Revelations is still one of my favourite KJ albums.

Got in early on Friday to see The Membranes and enjoyed their half hour set a lot. Might take a look at them in Manchester next year.

They were followed by what was one of the worst support acts that I have seen for a long time. they played their nu-metal to what was pretty much silence and their attempts to get the crowd chanting 'Death Valley High' were just embarrassing. It's just as well that the crowd aren't armed with bottles these days. :twisted:

As for KJ, The Hum has always been a great opener for me, and after that they absolutely nailed it. They really are on top of their game at the moment, it was nice to hear Complications again along with the Death and Resurrection Show. Although my new beer break song is European Super State, never really got that live.

Some are making comparisons between The Stranglers and KJ live, and I think one of the differences is that KJ seem to play even the songs that they have played to death with a passion that may be lacking with The Stranglers, I know that Baz and JJ say that they don't go through the motions when they play but I'm not so sure. KJ gigs still seem to be events to me, which I can't say for The Stranglers anymore. :shock:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

Brixton was great, just waiting for the Pidge review to fill in a few gaps.