Black Sabbath: The End tour

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

zontar
The Man They Love To Hate

Black Sabbath: The End tour

Post by zontar »

Clear-eyed and informative interview from Ozzy on this matter.

Classic quote: "I wish I could be a hero to myself."

http://www.goldminemag.com/article/black-sabbath-end
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Black Sabbath: The End tour

Post by mickinblack »

One of the true great bands.
I expect I will be over to see there final show in Birmingham, even though it's close to 100 pound a ticket.

But don't be fooled the is the last tour, in 2 years time it will be the original 4 sabath members final tor when Bill Ward rejoins, you can bet ya woman Sharon Osborne is behind all this final end tour.
HOFT
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by HOFT »

mickinblack wrote:
But don't be fooled the is the last tour, in 2 years time when Bill Ward rejoins, you can bet ya woman Sharon Osborne is behind all this final end tour.
fast forward 2 years...........

NEWSFLASH

Ozzy & Sharon's divorce final.
She reforms BS for one final mega tour.
Goes Arden style on the original members.

Announces her marriage engagement to Paul Roberts,
who replaces Ozzy on vocals.

Tony Iommi cannot play due to further medical complications.
Hires John Ellis on guitar.

Feeling the breath on the backs on their necks,
Butler and Ward bend over for the cash $$$$$$$$$$$$
May the flies of 1000 camels nest in your armpits !

If you want SYMPATHY ?..........
You will find it in the dictionary between ` SHIT & SYPHILIS ' !
Morbius52
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Morbius52 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drRuIGC9aw Can't beat some original Sabbath turned up loud, but not interested in another final tour.
Mmmm cheeses and borsch
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Morbius52 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1drRuIGC9aw Can't beat some original Sabbath turned up loud, but not interested in another final tour.

Thats a great track, it was always one of my favourites by them.
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

Not as good as the dio era.in fact,the best gig i've seen at the glasgow secc was heaven &hell(dio version reformed).its only cos dio died that they got back with ozzy,it wasnt that long since he was suing them for a load of dosh.one of the few bands where later versions were better than the original.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

manticore wrote:Not as good as the dio era.in fact,the best gig i've seen at the glasgow secc was heaven &hell(dio version reformed).its only cos dio died that they got back with ozzy,it wasnt that long since he was suing them for a load of dosh.one of the few bands where later versions were better than the original.

Dio was ten times better singer than Ozzy with out a doubt but Dio had ten times less stage presence and charisma than Ozzy had,
Also the Ozzy Sabbath albums were 100 times better than any other era of the band.
Morbius52
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Morbius52 »

mickinblack wrote:
manticore wrote:Not as good as the dio era.in fact,the best gig i've seen at the glasgow secc was heaven &hell(dio version reformed).its only cos dio died that they got back with ozzy,it wasnt that long since he was suing them for a load of dosh.one of the few bands where later versions were better than the original.

Dio was ten times better singer than Ozzy with out a doubt but Dio had ten times less stage presence and charisma than Ozzy had,
Also the Ozzy Sabbath albums were 100 times better than any other era of the band.
I agree that the early Ozzy albums are better, but i think Ozzy was just as good a singer as Dio back in his hey day but just a different style. Dio was a good singer, but i think he was more suited to this kind of stuff. This is from one of my favorite rock albums, and was before they did all that pop rock crap later on.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYrW3yONR44
Mmmm cheeses and borsch
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Did any of you see the Ian Gillan variant? I seem to remember an interview him saying that he went out on the lash with the Sabs and had to be told the following morning that he had joined them the previous night, as he had no recollection of it.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Morbius52
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by Morbius52 »

Boody wrote:Did any of you see the Ian Gillan variant? I seem to remember an interview him saying that he went out on the lash with the Sabs and had to be told the following morning that he had joined them the previous night, as he had no recollection of it.
The result was a poor record and a terrible album cover. :smile:
Mmmm cheeses and borsch
mickinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by mickinblack »

Boody wrote:Did any of you see the Ian Gillan variant? I seem to remember an interview him saying that he went out on the lash with the Sabs and had to be told the following morning that he had joined them the previous night, as he had no recollection of it.

Thrashed was the only track i liked on the album. and i think the song also sums up your story ..lol
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

I was unlucky enough to see them at Reading Festival 1983 and they were so dire that people were throwing bottles at them. I left early because it was shite!!!