THE DAMNED READING SUB 89

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Re: THE DAMNED READING SUB 89

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

I really got into The Damned because of the anything album and Eloise. I knew bits before, but it was a great album and 70% of it still is. I'd rather have that any day than Giants though.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I sadly can't make this gig now, still not been to the Reading Sub 89 yet!!!. Got my Damned 40th Aniversary tour booked off though. Going to Guildford G live, Cambridge Junction (never been there before) and Brixton Academy.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Hammersmith1982 wrote:I really got into The Damned because of the anything album and Eloise. I knew bits before, but it was a great album and 70% of it still is. I'd rather have that any day than Giants though.
Dare I say comparing any album to Giants is setting the bar quite low? And I don't say that lightly. The thought of the world's greatest band bowing out with their weakest album is something I dread.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I didnt think the Anything album was as good as Phantasmagorica. I really liked that one. I still think Giants is a decent album too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

Grave Disorder is a great album. Anything was OK, but GD is really a great return. I like SWP too. Hell, I even like bits of I'm alright Jack!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

jetblacksdad wrote:Grave Disorder is a great album. Anything was OK, but GD is really a great return. I like SWP too. Hell, I even like bits of I'm alright Jack!
i like most of of the damned albums but i gotta say I'm all right jack was a bit barrel scraping by rat to say the least