Vibrators at the Pipeline, 18 June 2016

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Vibrators at the Pipeline, 18 June 2016

Post by MULLY »

ThruBeingCool wrote:"If it wasn't for your Stiff Little Fingers, no one would know you were dead!"

Great song off a classic album. V2 also one of the best early punk albums IMHO. Not much to get excited about after that though from what I've heard.

Good review btw.
V2 better than Pure Mania - I have to agree. Liked the early Vibrator stuff - not much to write home about afterwards. Also enjoyed their work as Chris Spedding's 'backing band'.

Ahh - the good ole days 8)
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Vibrators at the Pipeline, 18 June 2016

Post by ThruBeingCool »

The Chris Spedding stuff is quite rare init? I paid about £20 for an import of the 'Pogo Dancing' 7" single and that was over 30 years ago. Paid a similar amount for the 'We Vibrate' single as well around the same time.

I was a huge fan of The Vibrators back in the day but never saw the original line up. Unfortunately when they reformed in 1983 (?) the new material on the 'Guilty' album was pretty poor I thought and I lost interest.

There was also another version of The Vibrators knocking around circa 1980. Only Eddie the drummer was from the original band . They didn't seem to last long but released at least 2 singles including the excellent 'Disco In Mosco'. Anyone remember that one? One for Rockula methinks.