Live recording of Damned @ Royal Albert Hall

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

I managed to record (audio only) part of the Damned's superb performance at their 40th Anniversary Bash @ the Royal Albert Hall last night Friday 20/05/2016 8) I originally had a ticket for the mosh pit downstairs (which I gave to my nephew as a gift)... then on a whim, I contacted the RAH's Box Office late on Thursday afternoon & managed to secure a TOP seat, number 115 right in the Centre of the hall in the Circle on Row 4 and right at the Front for £35.00, I'm a RAH member and they did me proud with this location which was ideal for recording purposes & my backpack containing my stash of smuggled in to venue tinnies of Heinken... I met a gorgeous Canadian woman (she's a Stranglers fan too, top score) sitting next to me... So, after a while we stood up and started dancing together at the railing & later went off together to the bar... because of this I stopped recording the gig. Just listening back to the gig now and it's rather good. :grin:
Will post the track-listing soon... :wink:
Bernie
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 22 May 2016, 10:30, edited 4 times in total.
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Live recording of Damned @ Royal Albert Hall

Post by Burn e 77 »

Damned 40th Anniversary Bash @ the Royal Albert Hall Friday 20/05/2016...
Recording Session 1:
1) Street Of Dreams 03:06
2) Grimly Fiendish (sounds amazing & includes some fab psychedelic guitar work from Croydon's Finest - Captain Sensible) 08:06
3) Shadow Of Love 12:35
4) Eloise 18:50
5) Stranger On The Town 21:08

Recording Session 2:
1) Sanctum Sanctorum (Remix! classical gothie & doom laden) Keyboard Instrumental 02:20
2) Life Goes On 06:01
3) Disco Man! 10:06
4) Limit Club - dedicated to Malcolm Owen of Ruts DC (has an AMAZING Keyboard solo by Monty!) 14:58
5) Wait For The Blackout 18.13

Total time: 39 mins, 21 secs.
Bernie
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 22 May 2016, 11:03, edited 10 times in total.
Something better change!
apc
SHAKESPEARO

Post by apc »

Mystery song is the Limit Club, written about Malcolm Owen found on the Disco Man EP... 1981 I think
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

apc wrote:Mystery song is the Limit Club, written about Malcolm Owen found on the Disco Man EP... 1981 I think
Thanks for the info "apc" top stuff, you're a star! :wink:
Bernie
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 22 May 2016, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.
Something better change!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Excellent. Did you show her the live MetallicA CD in your bag? That would of defintley impressed her. I know a Canadian woman. I don't know where Canada is though!.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

pigeon wrote:Excellent. Did you show her the live MetallicA CD in your bag? That would of defintley impressed her. I know a Canadian woman. I don't know where Canada is though!.
We went back to her Premier Inn @ Kensington... (that's why I was trying to phone you late last-night, to inform you that I wasn't going back home) I'm sorry but I totally forgot to show her your Metalcan CD (other things on our minds), but she was suitably impressed with your Kodak portable charger & USB lead Lord Pigeon! :smt023
By the way fella... Canada is around 37.5 miles from Grove Park rail station (as a Raven fly's) :wink:
Bernie
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 22 May 2016, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
Something better change!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Interesting and informative!

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

So Bernie, gonna post it up somewhere then?
ManInBrown
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

ManInBrown
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Rockula wrote:So Bernie, gonna post it up somewhere then?
Hello Ken,
Yes, I'll send it over to Dominic (Dom P) to work his 'Remix Magic' on it! He's done some superb work on another Boot of mine (albeit an 'old skool' cassette Master Tape I recorded from back in the day - Stranglers Mk1 @ Dusseldorf)... I'm sending him a message now... :wink:
Cheers,
Bernie
Something better change!
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Burn e 77 wrote:
Hello Ken,
Yes, I'll send it over to Dominic (Dom P) to work his 'Remix Magic' on it! He's done some superb work on another Boot of mine (albeit an 'old skool' cassette Master Tape I recorded from back in the day - Stranglers Mk1 @ Dusseldorf)... I'm sending him a message now... :wink:
Cheers,
Bernie
Would be good it some kind soul can split it down into individual tracks. :smt001
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

gizzard wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:
Hello Ken,
Cheers,
Bernie
Would be good it some kind soul can split it down into individual tracks. :smt001
I'm sending the recorded Files to Dom P, he's extremely talented at tidying up and working his 'musical remix magic' on them... I'm sure if we ask him nicely & send him some Jelly Beans AND some recorded rarities from our collections, he might kindly separate the individual tracks for you... That's if he has the spare time available of course fella :wink:
Bernie
Something better change!