New Order: Double CD Remix Dance album 'Complete Music'

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

gjinblack
Ugly
Ugly

Re: New Order: Double CD Remix Dance album 'Complete Music'

Post by gjinblack »

Looks like I'll be investing in this one. Cheers lads.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
euromanc-ometh
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

kincajou wrote:Been an on & off fan of New Order over the years, but I think the Music Complete album is actually their best album. This remix album is even better! In a world when 'remix' means stripping all heart & soul out of a song so it becomes a sub-standard & unrecognisable twiddly-knob ego-wank version of the original, it is so good to have remixes that are longer versions and sound very much like them. Just like the 80s! New Order have given us a whole album of them, in the track order of the original. I absolutely love it! :mrgreen:
:wink:
Bernie
Something better change!
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I thought Music Complete wasn't all that great. Basically Technique re-made by people that no longer go clubbing. For this kind of thing, the new Underworld record that came out this year pisses all over it. IMO.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

StanInBlack wrote:I thought Music Complete wasn't all that great. Basically Technique re-made by people that no longer go clubbing. For this kind of thing, the new Underworld record that came out this year pisses all over it. IMO.
I don't love it either but it's a lot better than '...Sirens' Call' or whatever the title is. i was never that into Technique either, much preferred the early albums even if Movement sounds like it was recorded underwater half the time :P (I thought that when it came out, hoped the CD would improve on the vinyl, it didn't).

Anyone read Sumner's autobiog?
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Bobinblack wrote:
StanInBlack wrote:I thought Music Complete wasn't all that great. Basically Technique re-made by people that no longer go clubbing. For this kind of thing, the new Underworld record that came out this year pisses all over it. IMO.
ners

I don't love it either but it's a lot better than '...Sirens' Call' or whatever the title is. i was never that into Technique either, much preferred the early albums even if Movement sounds like it was recorded underwater half the time :P (I thought that when it came out, hoped the CD would improve on the vinyl, it didn't).

Haven't read Bernie Sumner's biography but I do like his 1st name! Hook's biography interests me though (he mentioned the Stranglers in the forward of his book and thanked JJ for 'The Sound' relating to Baas & Amps he used. Regarding Movement... I always thought it had been recorded underwater too!! :grin:
Bernie
Something better change!
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Hook's autobiog, not the Hacienda one, is great, I think, while Sumner's is a more serious tome but still v enjoyable.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

Bobinblack wrote:

'Waiting For The Sirens Call' was patchy too, but there's a lot of songs I like on it. 'Krafty', the title track, 'Who's Joe?' etc.