Whose @ RAH 4 Damned

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Whose @ RAH 4 Damned

Post by Burn e 77 »

Who from this fine Forum is attending the Royal Albert Hall to see the Damned in May? It would be good to see some names, I'm clutching at straws here but i'm assuming that a largish number on here will be in attendance... If so, do we wear Stranglers tee's and act snooty in the queues to get in, and participate in friendly competitiveness toward ghouls sporting their Damned tee's while chucking sticky buns at them laced with 'Absinthe' or, do we all stick (no puns intended) together as a proud Stranglers Viking horde directing friendly banter at Damned fans in rivalry that OUR band had played the Royal Albert Hall 1st! All joking asside when I attended the Undercover Festival at Bisley National Rifle Range last Summer to see the Damned headline the Festival... there were a largish mob of Stranglers fans wearing their Ravens with panache AND pride (including one of the festival's organisers who was wearing a Wonky Bus tee under his shirt and who chatted to Pidge and myself about how'd he like to get the Stranglers to headline Undercover Festival one day) and they rather amusingly all stuck together as fans tend to do at footie matches. One should never assume apparently but I am, that the handful of aliases below will be in attendance? Miss Gill Baglady, Mr Rockula, Sir Elvis of Clouds, Missy Ravenette (in a Royal box, too po$h for the Promenade), Sir Reebus & Missy Lou, Mr Feathers aka the Pidgeon, member(s) of the 1960's Psychedelic rock band who actually influenced Naz Nomad & the Nightmares: the esteemed Rainbow Generator, Mr Devo aka Through Being Cool, Mr Yanana, AND even a slight possibility that a member of John Lydon's band PiL might attend... Mr PaulinLondon. I realise most on this Forum don't live in the smoke so it's rather expensive to travel to po$h venues in West Landaghn just for the 1 gig.... but I'm guessing many more of you on here will grace the RAH Promenade in Ravens & Rats myself included (although I'll be in a rather po$h 'Silver Ladies' Damned t.shirt :wink:
Bernie
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 10 Apr 2016, 11:25, edited 2 times in total.
Something better change!
Bag Lady
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Re: Whose @ RAH 4 Damned

Post by Bag Lady »

Burn e 77 wrote:Who from this fine Forum is attending the Royal Albert Hall to see the Damned in May? It would be good to see some names, I'm clutching at straws here but i'm assuming that a largish number on here will be in attendance... If so, do we wear Stranglers tee's and act snooty in the queues to get in, and participate in friendly competitiveness toward ghouls sporting their Damned tee's while chucking sticky buns at them laced with 'Absinthe' or, do we all stick (no puns intended) together as a proud Stranglers Viking horde directing friendly banter at Damned fans in rivalry that OUR band had played the Royal Albert Hall 1st! All joking asside when I attended the Undercover Festival at Bisley National Rifle Range last Summer to see the Damned headline the Festival... there were a largish mob of Stranglers fans wearing their Ravens with panache AND pride (including one of the festival's organisers who was wearing a Wonky Bus tee under his shirt and who chatted to Pidge and myself about how'd he like to get the Stranglers to headline Undercover Festival one day) and they rather amusingly all stuck together as fans tend to do at footie matches. One should never assume apparently but I am, that the handful of aliases below will be in attendance? Miss Gill Baglady, Mr Rockula, Sir Elvis of Clouds, Missy Ravenette (in a Royal box, too po$h for the Promenade), Sir Reebus & Missy Lou, Mr Feathers aka the Pidgeon, member(s) of the 1960's Psychedelic rock band who actually influenced Naz Nomad & the Nightmares: the esteemed Rainbow Generator, Mr Devo aka Through Being Cool AND even a slight possibility that a member of John Lydon's band PiL might attend... Mr PaulinLondon. I realise most on this Forum don't live in the smoke so it's rather expensive to travel to po$h venues in West Landaghn just for the 1 gig.... but I'm guessing many more of you on here will grace the RAH Promenade in Ravens & Rats myself included (although I'll be in a rather po$h 'Silver Ladies' Damned t.shirt :wink:
Bernie
I know you'll be gutted but I'm not actually going.

Tempted to turn up for pre gig row with the others on your list though.
No one can win against kipple.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Bag Lady wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:Who from this fine Forum is attending the Royal Albert Hall to see the Damned in May? It would be good to see some names, I'm clutching at straws here but i'm assuming that a largish number on here will be in attendance... If so, do we wear Stranglers tee's and act snooty in the queues to get in, and participate in friendly competitiveness toward ghouls sporting their Damned tee's while chucking sticky buns at them laced with 'Absinthe' or, do we all stick (no puns intended) together as a proud Stranglers Viking horde directing friendly banter at Damned fans in rivalry that OUR band had played the Royal Albert Hall 1st! All joking asside when I attended the Undercover Festival at Bisley National Rifle Range last Summer to see the Damned headline the Festival... there were a largish mob of Stranglers fans wearing their Ravens with panache AND pride (including one of the festival's organisers who was wearing a Wonky Bus tee under his shirt and who chatted to Pidge and myself about how'd he like to get the Stranglers to headline Undercover Festival one day) and they rather amusingly all stuck together as fans tend to do at footie matches. One should never assume apparently but I am, that the handful of aliases below will be in attendance? Miss Gill Baglady, Mr Rockula, Sir Elvis of Clouds, Missy Ravenette (in a Royal box, too po$h for the Promenade), Sir Reebus & Missy Lou, Mr Feathers aka the Pidgeon, member(s) of the 1960's Psychedelic rock band who actually influenced Naz Nomad & the Nightmares: the esteemed Rainbow Generator, Mr Devo aka Through Being Cool AND even a slight possibility that a member of John Lydon's band PiL might attend... Mr PaulinLondon. I realise most on this Forum don't live in the smoke so it's rather expensive to travel to po$h venues in West Landaghn just for the 1 gig.... but I'm guessing many more of you on here will grace the RAH Promenade in Ravens & Rats myself included (although I'll be in a rather po$h 'Silver Ladies' Damned t.shirt :wink:
Bernie
I know you'll be gutted but I'm not actually going.

Tempted to turn up for pre gig row with the others on your list though.
'Row' ? Thought you're best of friends with most on that list... are you referring to Mr ?????? :smile:
Bernie
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 10 Apr 2016, 11:28, edited 2 times in total.
Something better change!
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Just Heard Yanana may also be in attendance but he was saying something about a plain black vest...
Thank you very much
EiTC
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

elvisintheclouds wrote:Just Heard Yanana may also be in attendance but he was saying something about a plain black vest...
Fab news re: Yanana! Would have included him in post but couldn't match a suitable colour that would show empathy to his name...
Bernie
Something better change!
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I will wear black.

A black Top Hat.
A black leather Frock Coat.

My wife will wear an elegant black evening dress with a tiara and fake fur shoulder wrap.
ManInBrown
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

I shall be there along with two of my sisters.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

Considering something dressy for once. Vinyl is so last year...
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Burn e 77 wrote:
elvisintheclouds wrote:Just Heard Yanana may also be in attendance but he was saying something about a plain black vest...
Fab news re: Yanana! Would have included him in post but couldn't match a suitable colour that would show empathy to his name...
Bernie
Always Yellow apparently :!:
Thank you very much
EiTC
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

No but a date has just been announced in November at the Roundhouse so I am thinking of going to that one. Sorry for such a mundane post after the last few...
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Boody wrote:No but a date has just been announced in November at the Roundhouse so I am thinking of going to that one. Sorry for such a mundane post after the last few...
"Boody" They're also appearing in Sarf Laandaghn at the Brixton Academy in November :wink:
Bernie
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

elvisintheclouds wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:
Bernie
Always Yellow apparently :!:
Yellow... yes of COURSE! Please see edited version which now includes Mr Yanana in Yellow
Bernie
Something better change!