The hight Of Goth (1984)

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: The hight Of Goth (1984)

Post by ThruBeingCool »

'Goth'......so amusing. Rock City seemed like a Mecca for the Goths in the mid eighties. Walking backwards and forwards (that was the dance) , some wearing clogs (at least the ones that would eventually mutate into New Model Army fans)

The Mission, Sisters If Mercy, Fields Of The Nephilim et al, ........they had their moments I suppose.

"Alice in her party dress..."

I liked that one.
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

although i love the stranglers and pretty much all punk 77-83/84...i did have a great time during the mid 80's goth/post punk scene. it was a turning point for me. the punk scene had all but gone and i felt i'd got everything out of it that i could. getting into these bands was like starting all over again, bands like Sex Gang Children, Skeletal Family, 13th Chime, Twisted Nerve, Asmodi Bizarr, Xmal Deutschland, Bauhaus, The Sisters of Mercy, Blood And Roses, Beast, Christian Death, Nosferatu (with Sapphire on vocals), Southern (Death) Cult, The Cure (79-85), Killing Joke, Joy Division, March Violets, Fields of the Nephilim, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Screaming Dead, Specimen, Voodoo Church, Under Two Flags......all individual sounds and music was exciting again. went to some great concerts and met some wonderful people along the way. i'm 50 now but i still love punk/post punk/goth music. always will...nothing to beat it. for many years now i've built up a pretty impressive live bootleg collection of these bands including punk bands....if anyone is like minded and would like to trade (i don't sell or buy), with me i'd be more than happy to spread the joy. drop me a line if you like at lildevil@blueyonder.co.uk or just reply to this post here.
cheers
scott
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

MiB81 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCZtO4eobJ4

The Raven at about 34mins 8) 8) 8) 8)
A couple of JJ shuffles at 36 :lol:

Ah, them were the days :mrgreen:
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...