David Bowie

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: David Bowie

Post by vanian »

Ravenette wrote:Very sad news. As someone said, Laughing Gnome - brilliant.
https://youtu.be/htdvdm7cJnA

I'm not a massive Bowie fan but i remember that song so much growing up - 'ho ho ho he he he' :grin:

even though its said to easily these days the guy was a absolute genius and a true legend and don't forget he produced some of iggys best stuff as well as lou reed - i read he had 6 heart attacks over the past few years which if true is a sign of the strength of the guy to put out two high quality diverse CD's as well - pure Star and RIP
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

All those lifelong devoted fans we've heard on the radio and tv today might just decide to listen to some of his albums now, rather than the greatest hits album they bought twenty five years ago,
rotten thoughts
zontar

Post by zontar »

Slightly smarmy but apt tribute from 60's relic Lou Christie ("Lightning Strikes"): "He made us believe in what he sang, felt, and touched. This was his life, and he let us experience it with him. To me, he was kind, smart, and knew how to live his life with his own vision. Be @ peace, David."

Amen, brother.
kincajou
Rats Rally

Post by kincajou »

Saw a facebook post next to a picture of Donald Trump. It said 'Dear God, you've taken away the wrong 69 year old'.

Surprized by how much David Bowie's death has affected me, I've been really glum since I heard. Like many have said, he's not their favourite artist, nor was he mine but I think he just became part of our British psyche.

RIP to a legend worthy of the title.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

yes there seems to be a real feeling of sadness throughout the country I have been feeling it myself
RetroRocket
Rats Rally

Post by RetroRocket »

Yes. I know most of his material but I'm not a die-hard fan. His music was always around when I was younger, I guess I feel that a bit of my childhood has died, if that makes sense.

RR
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Definitely a lot of folk touched by his passing. Agreed with RR he was part of our lives. Went down to Brixton to pay my respects and there were people from far and wide doing the same.
Thank you very much
EiTC
jaydee1964

Post by jaydee1964 »

My favorite David era was deff late seventies through to mid to late eighties . Strange really

"The ending of the day.......brings the cccaaaalllllmmm,that you've been waiting for........."
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

agree with what has been said, I like & still listen to some of his albums - but yes that's it something big has died. It was like if you're a pop/rock music fan then he was always there through childhood & beyond.

I only saw him play live once, I think it was early nineties but remember it well. I'm now glad I did see him. Whatever you think of his music there's no denying the huge effect he's had on the whole music industry..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I Hate You !
Black Leather Jacket

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

Absolutely gutted. A bit raw and put together very quickly but here is my tribute podcast. Very therapeutic to do and I hope you agree with my sentiments.
David Jones died, David Bowie will live on forever.

http://podreceiver.podomatic.com/entry/ ... 4_02-08_00
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

thanks for the podcast, I've enjoyed listening to it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I Hate You !
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

thankyou for the podcast