PiL new album and tour

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

elleninblack
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: PiL new album and tour

Post by elleninblack »

I'm going to the Manchester gig on Saturday but only because Evil Blizzard are supporting them
Hagakure with perfume...
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

My time with Johnny

Wait in the queue at Rought Trade Records London. I have been there a while so i am near the front of the queue. Get talking to a couple of fans. Who havent heard the new single yet. In todays age of social media sites, becoming a never ending cycle of new songs by bands on a repetative playlist and You tube, i find this hard to believe but anyway the queue is quite long now. 7pm comes No sing of John, strike up a converasation with a 6ft 5 dutch bloke whos bought about 10 copies.

Finally Johnny and his manager/Good pal Rambo finally turns up at 7.20 20 minutes late. No aplogies from John but then you wouldn't expect one from him would you?. He is only signing I repeat ONLY signing copies of the new album So i own a PIL album now!. Its not to my likeing on one listen,but the marketing plan worked, I wouldn't of bought it had i known i was going to get his autograph for £13.

my time finally arrives I wasen't going to be one of these fans that wanted to hug him,but i think he was expecting one, but face to face with John lydon he is shouting at the store manager to turn his song up. But with me i just find myself looking at him. He is dancing on the spot to one of his new songs with a can in his hand, lydon eventually breaks the ice

Lydon
"ELLO"
Me
"Hi John, Hi Rambo, John my uncle introduced ,me to you when I was 7 and i am now 33, I am going to see you in Public Image for the first time in October at the Sheperds bush Empire and i am really looking forward to that"
Lydon
"OH YEAH .... WHAT YOU GOT THERE???"
me "Your'e new album"
Lydon "YEAH!! WANT IT SIGNED???"
me "Oh thanks very much"
as Lydon signs it he smudges some of it, I don't notice it until i leave the store. Lydon says "EBAY YOU SEE I MAYBE 60 BUT I GOT ME MARBLES",
me "Thank you very much John" and shake his hand he finishes off saying
"PEACE AND LOVE MY FRIEND, PEACE AND LOVE"

i walk out the store look at his autograph he did indeed smugde the o and E an N in Rotten,but it wasent too bad in the end.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

pigeon wrote:My time with Johnny

Wait in the queue at Rought Trade Records London. I have been there a while so i am near the front of the queue. Get talking to a couple of fans. Who havent heard the new single yet. In todays age of social media sites, becoming a never ending cycle of new songs by bands on a repetative playlist and You tube, i find this hard to believe but anyway the queue is quite long now. 7pm comes No sing of John, strike up a converasation with a 6ft 5 dutch bloke whos bought about 10 copies.

Finally Johnny and his manager/Good pal Rambo finally turns up at 7.20 20 minutes late. No aplogies from John but then you wouldn't expect one from him would you?. He is only signing I repeat ONLY signing copies of the new album So i own a PIL album now!. Its not to my likeing on one listen,but the marketing plan worked, I wouldn't of bought it had i known i was going to get his autograph for £13.

my time finally arrives I wasen't going to be one of these fans that wanted to hug him,but i think he was expecting one, but face to face with John lydon he is shouting at the store manager to turn his song up. But with me i just find myself looking at him. He is dancing on the spot to one of his new songs with a can in his hand, lydon eventually breaks the ice

Lydon
"ELLO"
Me
"Hi John, Hi Rambo, John my uncle introduced ,me to you when I was 7 and i am now 33, I am going to see you in Public Image for the first time in October at the Sheperds bush Empire and i am really looking forward to that"
Lydon
"OH YEAH .... WHAT YOU GOT THERE???"
me "Your'e new album"
Lydon "YEAH!! WANT IT SIGNED???"
me "Oh thanks very much"
as Lydon signs it he smudges some of it, I don't notice it until i leave the store. Lydon says "EBAY YOU SEE I MAYBE 60 BUT I GOT ME MARBLES",
me "Thank you very much John" and shake his hand he finishes off saying
"PEACE AND LOVE MY FRIEND, PEACE AND LOVE"

i walk out the store look at his autograph he did indeed smugde the o and E an N in Rotten,but it wasent too bad in the end.
I blame your uncle...
Dutch 77
Something better change!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

is he dutch?
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Kept up to date with the Lydon Queues To Meet Pidge news on Facebook, it was a good read, well done :grin: I like the new single but am not that arsed about seeing them again. I think he's grand though, I don't mind if people disrespect me for liking Lydon, or not giving a feck what he advertises.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

elleninblack wrote:I'm going to the Manchester gig on Saturday but only because Evil Blizzard are supporting them

See you there - PIL are great live.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Unfortunately someone I regarded as a very special person with music and lyrics when I was a lad back in the halcyon summer of 1976 has become a former shadow of his once creative self, nowadays more of a pantomime queen compared to his former self. Life moves on... I was present back in the day at Pistols gigs (only London) and as a young man they resonated with me and at the time seemed very important. Sadly the course of nature (and creativity takes it toll) is cruel and Lydon in my opinion has become a facsimile of his former anarchic (I use that term lightly) self. His latest album is just another formulaic 'rotten' vocal delivery with shit backing musical accompaniment. How the mighty have fallen...
Something better change!
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Unfortunately someone I regarded as a very special person with music and lyrics when I was a lad back in the halcyon summer of 1976 has become a former shadow of his once creative self, nowadays more of a pantomime queen compared to his former talent. Life moves on... I was present back in the day at Pistols gigs (only London) and as a young man they resonated with me and at the time seemed very important. Sadly the course of nature (and creativity takes it toll) Lydon in my opinion has become a facsimile of his former anarchic (I use that term lightly) self. His latest album is just another formulaic 'rotten' vocal delivery with very weak backing musical accompaniment (Levene, Wobble where are you now when needed) How the mighty have fallen... ever get the feeling you've been cheated.
Finsbury Park 77
Something better change!
elleninblack

Post by elleninblack »

Five Minutes wrote:
elleninblack wrote:I'm going to the Manchester gig on Saturday but only because Evil Blizzard are supporting them

See you there - PIL are great live.
I am really looking forward to tonight, we'll see :)
Hagakure with perfume...
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

If anyone fancies a whinge and a moan about the 'Black & White 2016' tour or a discussion on Syrian refugees before the gig, I'll see you in The Oxford at 5:00 pm. :smt004
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

I think I missed a chunk of it, they came on before I got in - early for a headline band, I think Disappointed was being played.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
elleninblack

Post by elleninblack »

Really enjoyed the gig :)
Hagakure with perfume...