PiL new album and tour

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Re: PiL new album and tour

Post by jetblacksdad »

I heard another song from the album today, The One.

Utter shit.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

jetblacksdad wrote:I heard another song from the album today, The One.

Utter shit.
Really looking forward to this new album now... :smt012

Mind you, is there such a thing as a good PiL album ? They've made some good singles in the past but overall their albums are patchy affairs at best IMHO. Even their most acclaimed album (Metal Box) has some utter shite on it.

Still, I've been to a few of their gigs in the past and they have always been worth the effort live wise.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

I've got it but am a bit nervous about playing it. The last one was meh. This Is supposed to be better but I bet it isn't.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

I'm going to see the for the first time at the Sheperds bush Empire in October and I have pre orderd there album on Rough Trade records, with a wristband and im going to get it signed by John in the Rough trade shop in London next Wednesday.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

pigeon wrote:I'm going to see the for the first time at the Sheperds bush Empire in October and I have pre orderd there album on Rough Trade records, with a wristband and im going to get it signed by John in the Rough trade shop in London next Wednesday.
Letter from PIL Management:

Dear Pigeon,
PLEASE NOTE: When you meet Mr John Lydon DO NOT bring Pistols items to be signed, DO NOT bring Pistols photos to be signed, DO NOT bring ANYTHING Pistols related to be signed. YOU MUST: Order my new PIL album in advance AND pay in advance, YOU MUST NOT chat with me except for autograph details, YOU MUST show your wrist band to SECURITY IN ADVANCE of meeting me, YOU MUST wait inline outside of shop in rain, YOU MUST NOT mention Pistols, YOU CAN buy my books BUT MUST pay up front for autographs, YOU MUST only spend 2 minutes of my time, YOU MUST wash your hands (alcohol based hand wash provided at door) before you're allowed to shake my money grabbing hand (Filthy Lucre!)... Ever get the feeling you've been cheated :lol:
John London 77
Something better change!
Black Leather Jacket
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Black Leather Jacket »

You're all (mostly) talking utter bollocks. I met him for his book launch. Blagged my way in and had a decent chat, free champagne, cider and lager :smt080

Spoke to him casually for a few minutes. Made him laugh, shook his hand and went away very pleased. This thread is turning into The Daily Mirror!!!!!!
Home is a black leather jacket
Fitting sweetly to my brain!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Burn e 77 wrote:
pigeon wrote:I'm going to see the for the first time at the Sheperds bush Empire in October and I have pre orderd there album on Rough Trade records, with a wristband and im going to get it signed by John in the Rough trade shop in London next Wednesday.

Dear Pigeon,
PLEASE NOTE: When you meet Mr John Lydon DO NOT bring Pistols items to be signed, DO NOT bring Pistols photos to be signed, DO NOT bring ANYTHING Pistols related to be signed. YOU MUST: Order my new PIL album in advance AND pay in advance, YOU MUST NOT chat with me except for autograph details, YOU MUST show your wrist band to SECURITY IN ADVANCE of meeting me, YOU MUST wait inline outside of shop in rain, YOU MUST NOT mention Pistols, YOU CAN buy my books BUT MUST pay up front for autographs, YOU MUST only spend 2 minutes of my time, YOU MUST wash your hands (alcohol based hand wash provided at door) before you're allowed to shake my money grabbing hand (Filthy Lucre!)... Ever get the feeling you've been cheated :lol:
John London 77
Sounds like a decent chap.
marky
Ugly
Ugly

Post by marky »

pil and the sex pistols ........ lydons gravy train whilst pretending to be something other than the corporate fellow he really is .....talk about filthy lucre and flogging a dead horse
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

pigeon wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:

Dear Pigeon,
John London 77
Sounds like a decent chap.
Top geezer, a diamond!
Bernie 77
Something better change!
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

There will be an interview with John Lydon on ITV tonight from 6.30pm onwards. Presumabley telling us what we can and cannot bring to the signing session.
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

Bit of a property magnate on the side when he's not flogging butter or on skiing holidays in ultra exclusive resorts. Not that I begrudge him anything. He just needs to drop the man of the people/rough diamond act.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
delboyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by delboyinblack »

ThruBeingCool wrote:Anyone arsed?

Ordered the album and looks likely I may do the Manchester date next month. See you all on tour...or not.
Playing in Glasgow this Friday night go as I've never seen them live.
Send me your email address and I'll send you some pictures from the Devotional.
I'm not gonna cry i bet he hit that water high