Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Leversun
SHAKESPEARO

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Leversun »

Would you call that in any way heavy metal?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Some of their stuff is a bit heavy metal I guess. Im not so keen on their really heavy stuff. Jaz has got a great voice when he actually sings!
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

jason wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 20:26 Some of their stuff is a bit heavy metal I guess. Im not so keen on their really heavy stuff. Jaz has got a great voice when he actually sings!
He has sung more on the later albums , I think in particular it was Hosanna's he screamed on most of the time . The music on that was pretty intense but I didn't see the need to scream on every song . Not sure I'd say they were heavy metal at times , possibly the description is more industrial ......a band a bit like KJ and Motorhead combined is Amebix - I quite like them , but it all seems like a bit of progression of hard core punk which I liked usually . Amebix - try Arise , that's bloody good .
All quiet ..........
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Jon the Impaler wrote: 22 Jan 2020, 21:23
jason wrote: 20 Jan 2020, 20:26 Some of their stuff is a bit heavy metal I guess. Im not so keen on their really heavy stuff. Jaz has got a great voice when he actually sings!
He has sung more on the later albums , I think in particular it was Hosanna's he screamed on most of the time . The music on that was pretty intense but I didn't see the need to scream on every song . Not sure I'd say they were heavy metal at times , possibly the description is more industrial ......a band a bit like KJ and Motorhead combined is Amebix - I quite like them , but it all seems like a bit of progression of hard core punk which I liked usually . Amebix - try Arise , that's bloody good .
Ok thanks John I might give them a listen. I've never really listened to Motorhead either so might give them a try as well. Going back to Jaz Coleman, his singing style went downhill imo from the Pandemonium album onwards but he has much sounded better in the last 3 albums. I'm really looking forward to the next album.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Just seen a pic of Jet on F*c*b**k with that newish Killing Joke book, I didn’t know Jet was a fan of Killing Joke!?
Thought Jet might be more into Acker Bilk?
:grin:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Anyone heard of Pulphea? He's done some covers of some tracks from BTATS and it's pretty good! Just discovered it! 😊
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

Coronavirus
Part of the ongoing....
The Great Cull?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPN7EvbrCp0

:?
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 19:43 Coronavirus
Part of the ongoing....
The Great Cull?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPN7EvbrCp0

:?
Great track that. :wink:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I think this lot are featuring in Vive Le Rock soon. Does that mean their new album is coming out soon? Does anyone know anything about this?
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

No new album yet. Plenty of reissues and projects on going though.

New Live in Berlin album just released.
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

jetblacksdad wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 13:26 No new album yet. Plenty of reissues and projects on going though.

Cheers Jet. I thought there was supposed to be a new album this year though? Maybe the virus has delayed it.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

jetblacksdad wrote: 22 Jun 2020, 13:26 No new album yet. Plenty of reissues and projects on going though.

Pandemonium and Democracy on vinyl?
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''