Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Killing Joke

Post by Hammer »

Jon the Impaler wrote:
jason wrote:That Autonomous Zone sounds really good. I've really enjoyed most of their recent albums. I found the Hossanas album a bit heavy going though.
It was certainly heavy . I preffered Pandemonium to Hosanna's , Pandemonium is possibly my favourite KJ album . Followed by the last 2 and Night time .
Reading your post made me think that I hadn't listened to Hosanna's for a while. I like their heavier work and the last two tracks are stunning, but it is still an inconsistent album. I forwarded through 3 tracks.

My favourites are Extremities (my favourite album by anybody) Revelations and the last two. But there isn't one I dislike too much, although I don't play Democracy very often.

Interesting that you like Outside the Gate Jason, most KJ fans I know absolutely hate that album. :shock:

Have tickets for Brum and London.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Hammer wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:
jason wrote:That Autonomous Zone sounds really good. I've really enjoyed most of their recent albums. I found the Hossanas album a bit heavy going though.
It was certainly heavy . I preffered Pandemonium to Hosanna's , Pandemonium is possibly my favourite KJ album . Followed by the last 2 and Night time .
Reading your post made me think that I hadn't listened to Hosanna's for a while. I like their heavier work and the last two tracks are stunning, but it is still an inconsistent album. I forwarded through 3 tracks.

My favourites are Extremities (my favourite album by anybody) Revelations and the last two. But there isn't one I dislike too much, although I don't play Democracy very often.

Interesting that you like Outside the Gate Jason, most KJ fans I know absolutely hate that album. :shock:

See you at Brum. 8)
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Hammer wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:

Yes I know Outside the gate isn't well liked but I like it. I think America, my love of this land and the title track are superb. Brighter than a thousand suns is a brilliant album too..
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

gizzard wrote:
See you at Brum. 8)
Definitely, looking forward to this one. 8)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

jason wrote: Yes I know Outside the gate isn't well liked but I like it. I think America, my love of this land and the title track are superb. Brighter than a thousand suns is a brilliant album too..
I quite like Outside the Gate too. It is maybe a testament to the band that they can produce an overblown (and possibly over produced) album like Outside the Gate, and then follow it up with the raw (virtually unproduced) Extremities. 8)
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Hammer wrote:
jason wrote: Yes I know Outside the gate isn't well liked but I like it. I think America, my love of this land and the title track are superb. Brighter than a thousand suns is a brilliant album too..
I quite like Outside the Gate too. It is maybe a testament to the band that they can produce an overblown (and possibly over produced) album like Outside the Gate, and then follow it up with the raw (virtually unproduced) Extremities. 8)
Yes Extremities was totally different. A great album on a par with Absolute Dissent in it's overall sound/songs etc. I think the production was brilliant on OTG though. I much prefer a clear sound to a muddy sound.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

jason wrote:
Hammer wrote:
Yes Extremities was totally different. A great album on a par with Absolute Dissent in it's overall sound/songs etc. I think the production was brilliant on OTG though. I much prefer a clear sound to a muddy sound.
I'm the other way round to be honest. I tend to prefer the heavier stuff. That said. I'm not a fan of Democracy and that has very muddy production.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

What happened to Killing Joke Hammer after their Democracy album? There was a long break after that album wasn't there?
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

jason wrote:What happened to Killing Joke Hammer after their Democracy album? There was a long break after that album wasn't there?
7 years til the next release.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

gizzard wrote:
jason wrote:What happened to Killing Joke Hammer after their Democracy album? There was a long break after that album wasn't there?
7 years til the next release.
Maybe Jaz was doing his classical stuff then?
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Oxford date just added to the tour.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

There's a new song called I am the Virus on You tube and Spotify now.