Killing Joke

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Killing Joke

Post by jetblacksdad »

It's Jaz's orchestral Killing Joke album. Not the band.

Expect some details this week though of a very big tour and a massive retrospective that I have had the honour of curating.

There is some time set aside in the coming months for writing for the next album.

Life in the old dogs yet!!!
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Thanks for that Jet. Didn't someone say on here about a year ago they had already written about six songs for the new album?
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Thanks again JBD. There certainly is 'life' if the last three albums are anything to go by. 8)

I'll try to make as many dates as I can, they can't go on forever.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Yes the last three albums have been superb.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Arthur Streeb-Greebling »

jetblacksdad wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 09:45 It's Jaz's orchestral Killing Joke album. Not the band.

Expect some details this week though of a very big tour and a massive retrospective that I have had the honour of curating.

There is some time set aside in the coming months for writing for the next album.

jetblacksdad, I don't know what your association is with the band but tell em to get their arses up north to play in Leeds! Geordie said on a video on youtube that Leeds is his fave city to play, so if that's the case then get ere!
I wish they would do a Stranglers and tour regularly every year and do a couple of nights in Leeds.

I want to see them as much as poss, they are probably my fave band to see live at the moment, there really is something quite special about a Killing Joke gig/gathering.

Cheers.
gizzard
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by gizzard »

Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 17:45
jetblacksdad wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 09:45 It's Jaz's orchestral Killing Joke album. Not the band.

jetblacksdad, I don't know what your association is with the band but tell em to get their arses up north to play in Leeds! Geordie said on a video on youtube that Leeds is his fave city to play, so if that's the case then get ere!
I wish they would do a Stranglers and tour regularly every year and do a couple of nights in Leeds.

I want to see them as much as poss, they are probably my fave band to see live at the moment, there really is something quite special about a Killing Joke gig/gathering.

Cheers.
3rd November Leeds o2 Academy.
''I THINK THE STRANGLERS ARE CRIMINALLY VULGAR, VIOLENT AND VORACIOUS, AND I OFTEN WONDER HOW THEY GET AWAY WITH IT.''
jetblacksdad
Ugly
Ugly

Post by jetblacksdad »

There's a massive announcement coming and I got into trouble elsewhere for mentioning the tour dates. Hence why they are all over the internet thanks to someone who repeated information that was meant to be secret! :oops: :oops: :evil:
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

gizzard wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 09:37
Arthur Streeb-Greebling wrote: 02 Apr 2018, 17:45

Cheers.
3rd November Leeds o2 Academy.
Thanks Mr G :smt023
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

jetblacksdad wrote: 03 Apr 2018, 09:48 There's a massive announcement coming and I got into trouble elsewhere for mentioning the tour dates. Hence why they are all over the internet thanks to someone who repeated information that was meant to be secret! :oops: :oops: :evil:
Naughty JBD!
:lol:
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Just had a look at the dates, should be able to make one or two of those, looking forward to it. 8)
Although slightly gutted as I am in Denver the night before KJ are due to play there. Can't stay on until the following night unfortunately. :evil:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Arthur Streeb-Greebling
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Got my Leeds ticket :grin:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

Jaz did a very strange update the other day on the Pledge website. He appeared to be pissed on a boat on an ocean somewhere!