The Damned

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

flintackles
SHAKESPEARO

Re: The Damned

Post by flintackles »

pigeon wrote:I've listend to "Grave Disorder" on youtube. I agree its a great album. Songs Like "Song.com", "Democracy" & "Absinthe" are brilliant. Aparently they were touring "Grave disorder" on my first gig in 2004 at Guilfest. They were on before The Stranglers!. Don't know why it's so expensive to buy on CD though. Seeing them at the Roundhouse in June, thinking about another gig but i don't know where yet. Maybe Southampton.
Pidge. Southampton is a great little venue.
Dorty
Down In The Sewer

Post by Dorty »

Just bought two tickets for me and my mate to watch the Buzzcocks at the end of May.

And also I've just bought two tickets for North East Calling in September which features the Damned (as well as a few others).

Looking forward already :grin:
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

flintackles wrote:
pigeon wrote:I've listend to "Grave Disorder" on youtube. I agree its a great album. Songs Like "Song.com", "Democracy" & "Absinthe" are brilliant. Aparently they were touring "Grave disorder" on my first gig in 2004 at Guilfest. They were on before The Stranglers!. Don't know why it's so expensive to buy on CD though. Seeing them at the Roundhouse in June, thinking about another gig but i don't know where yet. Maybe Southampton.
Pidge. Southampton is a great little venue.
I will look into it flint, I would like to see them more than once this year. I will have a look at holiday allownces and see how many days i have to save over for The Stranglers next year!. Plus already booked off the time for the Coventry, Worthing, Hampton pool and the Wonky bus gigs. So thats going to take up a week. And i'm thinking about going to Holmfirth so i would need to book the Thursday of for that. If i can get cheap accomadation and travel for Southampton i may go.
Ravenette
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Ravenette »

The Brook (Southampton) is a bit of a pain to get to by pubic transport Pidge. Just warning you. But agreed, it is a great venue. Very small.
I've got some chloroform and handcuffs, just for you.
Dorty
Down In The Sewer

Post by Dorty »

One of my customers has tickets to watch Take That on Monday night. She can't go and is trying to offload them.....£100 each <incredible>
dennirusking
Down In The Sewer

Post by dennirusking »

The people who made a documentary about Lemmy have now made about a documentary about The Damned. I read it's going to be screened at The Prince Charles cinema in Leicester Square very soon.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

dennirusking wrote:The people who made a documentary about Lemmy have now made about a documentary about The Damned. I read it's going to be screened at The Prince Charles cinema in Leicester Square very soon.
The documentary will be shown at lots of venues.
http://damneddoc.com/screenings

I'm going to the 9pm showing in London on the 3rd June. They also added a 6pm showing 'cause it sold out.
Both showings are followed by a Q&A session with original members Rat Scabies and Brian James.
There's also another London showing the following day at ArtHouse, Crouch End due to demand.

Then on Saturday 6th June I'll be seeing the current line-up of the band at The Roundhouse supported by Rubella Ballet and Johnny Moped.
ManInBrown
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

The doc looks cool. 8)
...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Rockula wrote:
dennirusking wrote:The people who made a documentary about Lemmy have now made about a documentary about The Damned. I read it's going to be screened at The Prince Charles cinema in Leicester Square very soon.
The documentary will be shown at lots of venues.
http://damneddoc.com/screenings

I'm going to the 9pm showing in London on the 3rd June. They also added a 6pm showing 'cause it sold out.
Both showings are followed by a Q&A session with original members Rat Scabies and Brian James.
There's also another London showing the following day at ArtHouse, Crouch End due to demand.

Then on Saturday 6th June I'll be seeing the current line-up of the band at The Roundhouse supported by Rubella Ballet and Johnny Moped.
I'm going to the 6pm screening Rockula as i went to book a ticket for the 8pm Screening and it had sold out.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

pigeon wrote:
I'm going to the 6pm screening Rockula as i went to book a ticket for the 8pm Screening and it had sold out.
Yes. I booked for the London 'Premiere'.
And now you're going to the 'Premiere' and I'm going to the 2nd showing. :lol:

I don't really care which time I see it really...more time in the pub.
ManInBrown
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Rockula wrote:
pigeon wrote:
Yes. I booked for the London 'Premiere'.
And now you're going to the 'Premiere' and I'm going to the 2nd showing. :lol:

I don't really care which time I see it really...more time in the pub.
:lol: I wonder if we will be able to meet Rat And Brian afterwords it would be great to get my CD of Damned Damned Damned signed.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

pigeon wrote: :lol: I wonder if we will be able to meet Rat And Brian afterwords it would be great to get my CD of Damned Damned Damned signed.
I suppose it depends if they happen to be selling 'merch'. Brian will probably have copies of his new album and Rat might want to get a few bob for old Damned memorabilia.
On the other hand they might just stay backstage drinking Brian's latest wine recommendation. :wink:
ManInBrown