"Theatre Of Hate" Review.The Garage 6th December.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

"Theatre Of Hate" Review.The Garage 6th December.

Post by Greatkudu »

Now Theatre of Hate were always my second fave band along with Kirk Brandons main outlet Spear of Destiny.He reforms Theatre of Hate every so often and I had never seen them live

before,always wanted to.In fact it was Danny Farrant the Buzzcocks drummer who told me about the gig as he was going to be doing the drumming duties,as original Luke Rendle had

health issues which prevented him from playing.Luke Rendle was a truely gifted drummer so Danny had alot to live up to (more of that in a moment).I was looking forward to the gig

and the back pain had improved by then.But nothing could quite have prepared me for the mind blowing night that was Theatre of Hate.From the first number to the last,this was possibly

the best gig I have ever been to (excluding Stranglers ?) Kirk Brandons voice was just absolutely stunning,I really was blown away by how good It was,but the whole band were on top form.

They started of with a new song called "Slave" from their new EP.And played one more new song and of course all the classics Ie: Legion,The Hop,Rebel without a Brain,Poppies etc.

Every song was played with amazing energy and passion.Kirk gives 200% in every song.And for "Do You Believe in the Westworld" he played floor tom at the end with another band member

doing the same.A special mention must go to the awesome drum maestro that is Danny Farrant,he was simply quite stunning in his drum skill,he did Luke Rendle proud.They finished with

a blistering version of "Propaganda".A blistering end to a quite magical evening,I feel lucky to have been at this gig.And talking to some hardcore fans at the end they said,they were as

good as in their heyday in the early eighties.If you get the chance,go and see Theatre of Hate if they tour again? if you like music with energy and passion,you won't be disappointed.