The Specials and Vice Squad

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

The Specials and Vice Squad

Post by Alexinblack »

The Specials Tuesday 11th Manchester Apollo.

And then they were four?

Despite no Roddy and no Neville it was still a great gig, opened up with Ghost Town and ended with your wondering now, and went though all the hits, Why sounded great as did Pearls Cafe. The place was pretty packed and I managed to make some new friends. One set of triplets, all wearing different colored braces, but I still got there names wrong from Preston and a couple of Skins also from Preston. One funny point when this woman wanted to go nearer to the front but her husband wouldn't let her. I could hear him saying its all skinheads at the front they want to fight haha. The support band Sleaford Mods, worse than starbase 109, biggest cheer was when they announced it was the last song.

Vice Squad @ the Box Thursday 13th November

Only about 30 odd people in, shame really, but with it been on a Thursday night. Vice Squad did a decent set had a bit of chat with Beki and my photo with her. They ended the set with Stand Strong and Proud Last Rockers, and Ace of spades.
Last edited by Alexinblack on 15 Nov 2014, 18:08, edited 1 time in total.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: The Specials and Vice Squad

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Cheers Alex 8)
Thank you very much
EiTC
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Top band and set-list with the added bonus of skingirl triplets, I've seen the photo's of the girls! top score fella! 8)
Bernie 77
Something better change!
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

Alexinblack wrote:The Specials Tuesday 11th Manchester Apollo.

And then they were four?

Despite no Roddy and no Neville it was still a great gig, opened up with Ghost Town and ended with your wondering now, and went though all the hits, Why sounded great as did Pearls Cafe. The place was pretty packed and I managed to make some new friends. One set of triplets, all wearing different colored braces, but I still got there names wrong from Preston and a couple of Skins also from Preston. One funny point when this woman wanted to go nearer to the front but her husband wouldn't let her. I could hear him saying its all skinheads at the front they want to fight haha. The support band Sleaford Mods, worse than starbase 109, biggest cheer was when they announced it was the last song.
Were Vice Squad any good?