Inspiral Carpets - new record and interview

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Lafleur
Ugly
Ugly

Inspiral Carpets - new record and interview

Post by Lafleur »

Clint Boon (CB) has been interviewed by The Record Collector (RC) mag due the release of a new Inspiral Carpets album (Oct. 6th 2014).

RC: "With whom would you like to record a split 7"?
CB: With the Stranglers.

Wouldn't mind a collaboration :smt006

http://www.xfm.co.uk/new-music/inspiral ... -spitfire/
dreamtime101
The Man They Love To Hate

Re: Inspiral Carpets - new record and interview

Post by dreamtime101 »

A very underrated band IMO. Great new single – classic Inspirals. 8) as fuck.
dreamtime101

Post by dreamtime101 »

The new album is fantastic - best thing I've heard in ages.
theraven1970
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by theraven1970 »

Very impressed with new Inspirals album and looking forward to seeing them in Glasgow this December.
Greetings, fellow Stranglers fans.
dreamtime101

Post by dreamtime101 »

theraven1970 wrote:Very impressed with new Inspirals album and looking forward to seeing them in Glasgow this December.
You won't be disappointed, I saw them in Brum last night and really enjoyed it. If you like the new album then you're in for a treat as they played 7 songs from it alongside loads of the old favourites. Mooooooo! 8)

Suppport band Gramotones were really good as well.
Russ65
Rats Rally

Post by Russ65 »

Looking forward to seeing the Carpets in Preston later this month. I also think the album is very good. I can also hear subtle Stranglers melodies in some of the tracks. Our Time sounds like something of '10' with the keyboard running through it.
dreamtime101

Post by dreamtime101 »

Russ65 wrote:Looking forward to seeing the Carpets in Preston later this month. I also think the album is very good. I can also hear subtle Stranglers melodies in some of the tracks. Our Time sounds like something of '10' with the keyboard running through it.
Agreed. I reckon the start of Our Time is very similar to Something Better Change! :grin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEKSAXAg_Ww
davidcassell
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by davidcassell »

Saw them last in Leeds circa 1989. Brilliant band and had total respect for them in their early years. I used to live fairly locally to members of the band and from friends of friends I know they put a lot of effort in and made a lot of (non-band) compromises to "make it". Glad they did.
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

I mentioned this elsewhere but 'Let You Down' also sounds a bit like 'Bear Cage'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBNKZ5o2BkY
ManInBrown
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

New album is excellent I agree, easily as good as the first 4 albums. Seen the present line up a couple of times and they are just as good as ever - Stephen Holt (who as you all know is the original singer returned) does a grand job , to the point that Tom Hingley is not even missed. I don't say that lightly either as I've been following The Carpets since 1989, have all their records and saw them with Tom perform some excellent gigs. In fact their voices are so similar it really is very difficult to tell the difference between them.

I highly recommend the new CD/DVD package..the latter contains some excellent live footage with an interview that reveals the full history of the Inspiral Carpets plus extras. A snip at around £14 methinks.Gonna see them at The Rescue Rooms in Nottingham on Sunday and I just know that they will prove to be as "cool as fuck!" Once again.

Mooooo!
dreamtime101

Post by dreamtime101 »

ThruBeingCool wrote:New album is excellent I agree, easily as good as the first 4 albums. Seen the present line up a couple of times and they are just as good as ever - Stephen Holt (who as you all know is the original singer returned) does a grand job , to the point that Tom Hingley is not even missed. I don't say that lightly either as I've been following The Carpets since 1989, have all their records and saw them with Tom perform some excellent gigs. In fact their voices are so similar it really is very difficult to tell the difference between them.

I highly recommend the new CD/DVD package..the latter contains some excellent live footage with an interview that reveals the full history of the Inspiral Carpets plus extras. A snip at around £14 methinks.Gonna see them at The Rescue Rooms in Nottingham on Sunday and I just know that they will prove to be as "cool as fuck!" Once again.

Mooooo!
Nice one TBC, you'll have a cracking night on Sunday 8)
theraven1970
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by theraven1970 »

Great gig in Glasgow from Inspirals, despite a wee technical hitch that meant them going off for quarter of an hour after the 1st song due to problem with Clint's keyboard.
All the new songs went down well live, especially Let me down & Spitfire.
I'm glad that I set off early mind you as I'm used to bands coming on stage at 9 or about quarter past as standard but the Inspirals came on at half eight on the dot so only just got in on time.
Greetings, fellow Stranglers fans.