the damned and motorhead

Post by vanian »

hi all - just seen that they are playing the NIA Bham and wembley in Nov
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: the damned and motorhead

Post by Burn e 77 »

vanian wrote:hi all - just seen that they are playing the NIA Bham and wembley in Nov
F*ck paying over £40 to hear the Damned play a 30 minute support slot. Hope you all travel (UK residents) to the Forum in London on Saturday 16th August to see our friendly chums the Damned play a full "F*ckin Ace" gig for only a tenner!
Captain 77
PS. Not dissin you "vanian" thanks for your original post fella :wink:
Last edited by Burn e 77 on 11 Aug 2014, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.
Something better change!
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

after 17 or so years of yearly visits to Scotland,motorheads uk tour this year is 3 dates in England.really disappointing after last years tour was cancelled,i expected the usual this November.some are saying,since lemmys illness he cant do extensive touring,but they've been getting about quite a bit recently and for the rest of the year.the usual Glasgow gig could easily have been fitted in.also the price has gone up more than a tenner than usual.saw the damned for the first time when they were support on motorheads 2007(I think)tour.they were excellent.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

manticore wrote:after 17 or so years of yearly visits to Scotland,motorheads uk tour this year is 3 dates in England.really disappointing after last years tour was cancelled,i expected the usual this November.some are saying,since lemmys illness he cant do extensive touring,but they've been getting about quite a bit recently and for the rest of the year.the usual Glasgow gig could easily have been fitted in.also the price has gone up more than a tenner than usual.saw the damned for the first time when they were support on motorheads 2007(I think)tour.they were excellent.
Hi "manticore"hope you manage to catch a Motorhead gig near where you live, good luck fella :wink:
Something better change!
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

Burn e 77 wrote:
manticore wrote:after 17 or so years of yearly visits to Scotland,motorheads uk tour this year is 3 dates in England.really disappointing after last years tour was cancelled,i expected the usual this November.some are saying,since lemmys illness he cant do extensive touring,but they've been getting about quite a bit recently and for the rest of the year.the usual Glasgow gig could easily have been fitted in.also the price has gone up more than a tenner than usual.saw the damned for the first time when they were support on motorheads 2007(I think)tour.they were excellent.
Hi "manticore"hope you manage to catch a Motorhead gig near where you live, good luck fella :wink:
Not unless they do a gig near Inverness.some are speculating that the band are starting to wind down considering lemmys health.hope we get at least one more gig in Scotland before the end.
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

Burn e 77 wrote:
vanian wrote:hi all - just seen that they are playing the NIA Bham and wembley in Nov
Fuck paying over £40 to hear the Damned play a 30 minute support slot. Hope you all travel (UK residents) to the Forum in London on Saturday 16th August to see our friendly chums the Damned play a full "Fuckin Ace" gig for only a tenner!
Captain 77
Not a prob - i am going up to see them in Philly (wish i could do the halloween one in NY but wife n kids would not forgive me as halloween is massive here) - saw motor head here in orlando a few years ago with Rev Horton Heat it was a blast - maybe lemmy will do Turkey song ?
also don't know whether you all know but they are doing a cruise here florida http://www.motorheadcruise.com
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

vanian wrote:
Burn e 77 wrote:
Fuck paying over £40 to hear the Damned play a 30 minute support slot. Hope you all travel (UK residents) to the Forum in London on Saturday 16th August to see our friendly chums the Damned play a full "Fuckin Ace" gig for only a tenner!
Captain 77
Not a prob - i am going up to see them in Philly (wish i could do the halloween one in NY but wife n kids would not forgive me as halloween is massive here) - saw motor head here in orlando a few years ago with Rev Horton Heat it was a blast - maybe lemmy will do Turkey song ?
also don't know whether you all know but they are doing a cruise here florida http://www.motorheadcruise.com
Have a great gig fella, and thanks fot the Motorhead link :wink:
Something better change!
Boody
Ugly
Ugly
Location: Arse end of commuter land, always looking for an escape

Post by Boody »

The only time I saw motorhead and the damned on the same bill was at the roundhouse in 1978, the former supporting the latter with the Adverts propping up the bill. If Lemmy's lifestyle is really as dissolute as painted, it's a miracle he is still alive.
I can't help getting old. I just refuse to grow up.
PJayBe
Down In The Sewer

Post by PJayBe »

I wonder if I can convince the missus that a night in Manchester seeing these two fine bands is the best option for her (big one this year) birthday......

Philip
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

anybody been to the Manchester gig? read the setlist for motorhead and its a real letdown.90% the same stuff they've been doing since the first time I saw them in 97.only one song from the new(ish)album.not so bothered now that they didn't come to Scotland.the damned apparently did a pretty good hits set.