Wilko, Daltrey album and shows

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

wanderlust
The Raven
The Raven

Wilko, Daltrey album and shows

Post by wanderlust »

Wilko Johnson and Roger Daltrey have just made an album and doing a few shows soon.

http://www.nme.com/news/the-who/75036

And Wilko will be at Hammersmith in march supporting Status Quo in their frantic four guise (classic line up)
"I had a dream or a nightmare difficult to decide which"
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Wilko, Daltrey album and shows

Post by Bobinblack »

Had the great pleasure of watching Wilko perform TWICE in one afternoon last Sunday, at don'tyoufeckingdarelaugh Butlins in Skegness.

Delighted to tell you that he is still going strong and, honestly, looks well. Norman Watt Roy again was superb too.

Not wanting to sound too emotional or dramatic about it all, but that Wilko fella, he's a bit of an inspirational bloomin' god isn't he?

8) 8) 8) 8)
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
PeteL
Rats Rally

Post by PeteL »

Secunded, got tickets for Guildford next week and quite tempted to do the Wilko/Daltrey show at the SBE if I can.
Bobinblack wrote:
Not wanting to sound too emotional or dramatic about it all, but that Wilko fella, he's a bit of an inspirational bloomin' god isn't he?

8) 8) 8) 8)
Yes I can drive drive
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

I'll be getting the album definitely.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

PeteL wrote:Secunded, got tickets for Guildford next week and quite tempted to do the Wilko/Daltrey show at the SBE if I can.
Bobinblack wrote:

8) 8) 8) 8)
Tried to get tickets for SBE the morning they went on sale, instant sell out, bloody Touts :smt013 :(
Thank you very much
EiTC
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

elvisintheclouds wrote:
PeteL wrote:Secunded, got tickets for Guildford next week and quite tempted to do the Wilko/Daltrey show at the SBE if I can.
Bobinblack wrote:

8) 8) 8) 8)
Tried to get tickets for SBE the morning they went on sale, instant sell out, bloody Touts :smt013 :(
The online Ticket tout agencies that buy face value tickets then charge outrageous prices are total C...s.
I tried to get tickets for Wilko and R Daltrey At SBE and they were sold out on day on all the bonafide agency sites
then same day rip off prices on tout sites like Viagoo.Something needs to be done,it's legalized fraud.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Really pleased to hear that Wlko is still firing on all fronts and is has good as ever.
manticore
Ugly
Ugly

Post by manticore »

I was reading that stub hub are charging £130 for wilko,daltrey tickets.gits.the new album is unfortunetly not new material but versions of feel good,wilko stuff.should be good with daltrey on vocals though.hope their gig is filmed.
dont get your trossachs caught in your sporran
Greatkudu
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Greatkudu »

manticore wrote:I was reading that stub hub are charging £130 for wilko,daltrey tickets.gits.the new album is unfortunetly not new material but versions of feel good,wilko stuff.should be good with daltrey on vocals though.hope their gig is filmed.
Face value standing stalls were about £30.00 before the on line touts got hold of them.John Robb our good friend was debating the issue on BBC Breakfast some months ago,needless to say Mr Robb was against the on line tout sites.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Surely they have a way of making sure the real fans get them, in pre sales or whatever
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Pam
Rats Rally

Post by Pam »

Saw Wilko twice last week at Tunbridge Wells Forum. Really good gigs and as it's a small venue (capacity maybe 250?) a total contrast to the Koko gigs. Also lucky enough to get tickets for SBE. Am really surprised they haven't added additional dates there.
elvisintheclouds
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by elvisintheclouds »

Pam wrote:Saw Wilko twice last week at Tunbridge Wells Forum. Really good gigs and as it's a small venue (capacity maybe 250?) a total contrast to the Koko gigs. Also lucky enough to get tickets for SBE. Am really surprised they haven't added additional dates there.
Nice one Pam. Good venue, saw him there last year with Norman... Congrats on the SBE tickets...Did you get them 1st thing at face value? I tried but they were gone in a trice...
Thank you very much
EiTC