Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Gigs 2014

Post by Alexinblack »

Five Minutes wrote:
Alexinblack wrote:The Buzzcocks tonight at the Ritz, looking forward to this one.

Great wasn't it?

What a band.

It was a great gig, I really like the Ritz great venue it is.

Peter and the test tubes for me tonight.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

With the Buzzcocks playing the ABC last night, I went to this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgpQID-63LM
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I'd planned on going to a punk festival in Lowestoft - Vibrators , Sham 69 , Chelsea ..... a few other minor bands . Been cancelled now . Damn it .
All quiet ..........
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Next up is Spear Of Destiny on Friday, then Sigue Sigue Sputnik, then Sham 69/Red Eyes, then The Spitfires and that'll be about it for 2014.
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Got Cockney Rejects and the lovely Beki Bondage coming up in a couple of weeks.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

My brother went to see Sham 69 in Cardiff on the weekend. I text him today about it and it was a short conversation -

me: Any good Sat night?
him: Lies, all lies. Pursey wasnt there, only 1 original member. Diabolical.

I'm guessing he wasn't impressed !!
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
elleninblack
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by elleninblack »

Embrace next month, the bassist is the guy who wore the 40th anniversary Raven tee on that football show
Hagakure with perfume...
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Shatterhand in Edinburgh tomorrow.
Sham 69 supported by the The Red Eyes on 14th(maybes).
The Spitfires on the 16th and that's it for this year :cry:

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Saw Cockney Rejects last night at Manchester Acadmey 3, a very good gig. On for just over an hour came on just before nine, played the likes of OI OI OI, Flares and slippers, police car, we are the firm, etc. Crowd about 200 or so, quite a few young skins there too. Support band were called the Systematics from Manchester, they were quite good did about 6 or 7 seven songs.

The Specials on Tuesday next.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

The Beat @ the live rooms Chester

This was the third time I had seen the Beat and it was a pretty decent gig. Its only a smallish club you could get about 300 hundred in and it would have been three quarters full. The Beat started with Ranking Full stop, then went through twist and Crawl, Rock the Casbah, there tribute to Joe Strummer, Too nice to talk too, click click, big shot, tears of a clown, rough rider, mirror in the bathroom and finished with Jackpot. After a few songs the crowd got into it more and more started Skanking. A big disappointing that they didn't do Noise in this world, Jeanette, or Drowning.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Alexinblack wrote:The Beat @ the live rooms Chester

This was the third time I had seen the Beat and it was a pretty decent gig. Its only a smallish club you could get about 300 hundred in and it would have been three quarters full. The Beat started with Ranking Full stop, then went through twist and Crawl, Rock the Casbah, there tribute to Joe Strummer, Too nice to talk too, click click, big shot, tears of a clown, rough rider, mirror in the bathroom and finished with Jackpot. After a few songs the crowd got into it more and more started Skanking. A big disappointing that they didn't do Noise in this world, Jeanette, or Drowning.
Nice one buddy. I'm going to see them in Gloucester in a few weeks - the Guildhall being one of my favorite venues around. I asked RR on a Q&A several months back about Jeanette as i hadnt heard them play it (over the 3 or 4 years i've been watching them) and he said he was hoping to put it in the set. Noise in this World is fantastic, so hope its in for Gloucester
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Nearly there - The Beat in Gloucester. Always a great night and probably the highlight of my gig year