Manics new album and 2013 tour

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Manics new album and 2013 tour

Post by pigeon »

The Manic Street Preachers will be announcing The Holy Bible tour tomorrow morning.
I can't wait for this this will be the manics gig to top all manics gigs!!
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

pigeon wrote:The Manic Street Preachers will be announcing The Holy Bible tour tomorrow morning.
Did you manage to get a ticket pidge ? I've tried all sold out unless I pay inflated prices through getmein.com

Any other suggestions would love to see this..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
I Hate You !
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

aldinblack wrote:
pigeon wrote:The Manic Street Preachers will be announcing The Holy Bible tour tomorrow morning.
Did you manage to get a ticket pidge ? I've tried all sold out unless I pay inflated prices through getmein.com

I got one ticket for the Wednesday night so far. They Sold out to their official ticket touts within 10 minutes of them going onsale which i find annoying about this. Now tickets for the Monday and Tuesday shows are going for 85 pounds already!. You could try Stubhub but i've seen prices for over 80 pounds already. I hate touts. Glad i got one ticket though been waiting years to see this.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

pigeon wrote:
aldinblack wrote:

I got one ticket for the Wednesday night so far. They Sold out to their official ticket touts within 10 minutes of them going onsale which i find annoying about this. Now tickets for the Monday and Tuesday shows are going for 85 pounds already!. You could try Stubhub but i've seen prices for over 80 pounds already. I hate touts. Glad i got one ticket though been waiting years to see this.
Thanks, just got one from stubhub for £83 for weds17th - face value £35, so a bit steep but nevermind it's a one off for me so will be worth it - nice xmas present to myself lol

I Hate You !
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

83 pounds? that's more than i paid for Sonicsphere festival this year. See you on the 17th then. I hope to get a ticket for Monday night but i'm not paying that price.I hate touts they take the fun out of everything for fans. Glad i got one ticket though at face value.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

pigeon wrote:83 pounds? that's more than i paid for Sonicsphere festival this year. See you on the 17th then. I hope to get a ticket for Monday night but i'm not paying that price.I hate touts they take the fun out of everything for fans. Glad i got one ticket though at face value.
yeah I know m8 it's outrageous really nevermind I wanna see it - never seen the manics before but always listened to their albums and the holy bible is one I really got into so should be a great night & will be worth it. You did well to get a face value ticket hopefully catch up with you on the night then for a beer or 2 [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I Hate You !
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

aldinblack wrote:
pigeon wrote:83 pounds? that's more than i paid for Sonicsphere festival this year. See you on the 17th then. I hope to get a ticket for Monday night but i'm not paying that price.I hate touts they take the fun out of everything for fans. Glad i got one ticket though at face value.
yeah I know m8 it's outrageous really nevermind I wanna see it - never seen the manics before but always listened to their albums and the holy bible is one I really got into so should be a great night & will be worth it. You did well to get a face value ticket hopefully catch up with you on the night then for a beer or 2 [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Yes I was lucky, They seem to be on a revival at the minute. I haven't seen them many times this will be my 5th manics gig. I saw them in April at the Brixton Academy. They played two songs from "The Holy bible" then "archives of pain" and "Die in the summertime" in a row which gave me the idea then that they were going to do it this year for one tour only.

I also think "Futureology" is a really good album been playing it a lot since it came out. As much as i like "The holy bible" "Gold against the soul" has to be the best for me.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Gold against the soul is a great album, with as good an opener as you can get on any album IMO. Only slight criticism it can feel a bit "samey" at times. Futurology still needs to grow on me a bit I think, but it's a good solid album for sure.

Holy Bible, mmm what can I say that's gotta be a one off - their angriest "punkiest" album isn't it ? I like it though when I'm in the mood - it's got great energy & musicianship like most of their stuff. Will refresh myself on some of the others in the next few months..

I Hate You !
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

I find the idea of a 'Holy Bible' tour hilarious coming from a band who wrote a song called 'Nostalgic Pushead'.
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

pigeon wrote:
aldinblack wrote:

Yes I was lucky, They seem to be on a revival at the minute. I haven't seen them many times this will be my 5th manics gig. I saw them in April at the Brixton Academy. They played two songs from "The Holy bible" then "archives of pain" and "Die in the summertime" in a row which gave me the idea then that they were going to do it this year for one tour only.

I also think "Futureology" is a really good album been playing it a lot since it came out. As much as i like "The holy bible" "Gold against the soul" has to be the best for me.
are you going tomorrow night mate to the pub across the road (can't remember what it's called) beforehand for a beer or 2 ?

I Hate You !
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I'm not too keen on bands revisiting old albums in concert. I'd much rather see a varied set. The Holy bible isn't my favourite Manics album anyway.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

No Manifesto A documentry film on the manics is out on DVD on Febuary 16th. Looking forward to this as the trailer looks good. i missed the film premier in London on Febuary 2nd this year. But i will be getting the film on the day of release.

I am also trying to get a ticket for their gig at the Wolverhampton Civic hall on Monday June 1st were they will be playing "The Holy Bible" again it was so good at the Roundhouse in december i have to see it again. Tickets are selling on tout sites for £45 cheapest with a £5 postage. i think it was unfair that tickets went onsale right after the roundhouse gig ended. But its thier pension.