Manics new album and 2013 tour

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Manics new album and 2013 tour

Post by jason »

theraven1979 wrote:3 words - Design For Life.

Jim

Five Minutes wrote:Weird how they got so big only after Richie left.
I agree, DFL is one of the best ever singles ever. Everything Must Go is a cracking album too. 8)
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Everything must go fails in comparasion to the holy bible. "Faster" will always be their best single but it wasent radio friendley. Im suprised a design for life diddnt get to number 1 though. That was secondary school and my friends were all "hey adam that band you keep on going on about for the last few years the manic street preachers,there good i got their last single". The general public will only latch onto something if its popular and has a chourus they can remeber.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

pigeon wrote:Everything must go fails in comparasion to the holy bible. "Faster" will always be their best single but it wasent radio friendley. Im suprised a design for life diddnt get to number 1 though. That was secondary school and my friends were all "hey adam that band you keep on going on about for the last few years the manic street preachers,there good i got their last single". The general public will only latch onto something if its popular and has a chourus they can remeber.
It was The Masses Against The Classes that got me properly interested - first new number 1 of the year 2000 no less!
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

parasiteinblack wrote:
pigeon wrote:Everything must go fails in comparasion to the holy bible. "Faster" will always be their best single but it wasent radio friendley. Im suprised a design for life diddnt get to number 1 though. That was secondary school and my friends were all "hey adam that band you keep on going on about for the last few years the manic street preachers,there good i got their last single". The general public will only latch onto something if its popular and has a chourus they can remeber.
It was The Masses Against The Classes that got me properly interested - first new number 1 of the year 2000 no less!
I believe it was newspaper cuttings in the NME for me in the early 90s. I came accross them by accident as i was interested in the group "These animal men",because i had read about them in Strangled magazine, and at 11 your're very influencial the bass player said he really liked jjs playing,which for me scored a lot of point. I wouldn't be interested in a band such as these animal men now i think they split up.

However whilst flicking through the pages of the nme i saw a photo of nicky wire on a crucifix,then there was a photo of the band and that got me interested in them. The nme gave away tapes then of songs on the time, it had the oasis "Ciggeretes and alcohol" demo and the "Scream To A Sigh (La Tristesse Durera)". which i really liked,then the next song i heard was that they use to give away these 7inch flexible singles which had "Archives of pain" on"Ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayit'sworldwouldfallapart" & "Yes" to which i really liked. I was then watching totp as usual and they did "faster" with balaclavers on. So i then went out to buy the holy bilbe with my pocket money.
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

pigeon wrote:
parasiteinblack wrote:
I believe it was newspaper cuttings in the NME for me in the early 90s. I came accross them by accident as i was interested in the group "These animal men",because i had read about them in Strangled magazine, and at 11 your're very influencial the bass player said he really liked jjs playing,which for me scored a lot of point. I wouldn't be interested in a band such as these animal men now i think they split up.

However whilst flicking through the pages of the nme i saw a photo of nicky wire on a crucifix,then there was a photo of the band and that got me interested in them. The nme gave away tapes then of songs on the time, it had the oasis "Ciggeretes and alcohol" demo and the "Scream To A Sigh (La Tristesse Durera)". which i really liked,then the next song i heard was that they use to give away these 7inch flexible singles which had "Archives of pain" on"Ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayit'sworldwouldfallapart" & "Yes" to which i really liked. I was then watching totp as usual and they did "faster" with balaclavers on. So i then went out to buy the holy bilbe with my pocket money.
that's pretty cool, sadly I was still listening to pop shit at this age! Would have been 6 or 7 I suppose.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Coincidently, I saw These Animal Men a number of times in the whole NWONW bollocks in the early 90s- in between songs their bassist would play the Peaches riff. They're Spooner's favourite band of all time ever, he never shuts up about them

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

theraven1979 wrote:Coincidently, I saw These Animal Men a number of times in the whole NWONW bollocks in the early 90s- in between songs their bassist would play the Peaches riff. They're Spooner's favourite band of all time ever, he never shuts up about them

Jim

He is a man of poor taste though jim,have you seen some of the shite he posts up on his facebook page? .... Simple minds :smt009 :smt009 i was shocked.
scottlaconia
SHAKESPEARO

Post by scottlaconia »

cant wait to hear the new album although i will miss the tour due to my holidays. amazing band.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Tour in March I reckon to support the other new album

Jim
scottlaconia wrote:cant wait to hear the new album although i will miss the tour due to my holidays. amazing band.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
scottlaconia
SHAKESPEARO

Post by scottlaconia »

looking forward to it, i think the 2nd album sounds like it could be very interesting
scotticusnorvegicus
Rats Rally

Post by scotticusnorvegicus »

Good to see they've wrote a song about Skids axeman Stuart Adamson.
We are very excited to be here in A ------me----ri--- ca.
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

scottlaconia wrote:looking forward to it, i think the 2nd album sounds like it could be very interesting
Whats all this about a second album in March?