Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Post by Alexinblack »

Remember seeing Peter and the Test Tube Babies last year at Blackpool me and my mates were having a great time in the mosh pit seeing them live for the first time, when this horrible looking girl decided to kick off at me and my mates for pushing and pogoing. A couple of her mates then got involved until we told them where to go, and thankfully they did because they were ruining it for us.

Whats yours?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Post by theraven1979 »

Caught Mansun on their last tour and they were dire - saw them about 5 years before and they were pretty good. Not anymore - gig made worse by soppy couple in front doing slow dancing to their songs. Came out wanting to knife someone.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

In the early 90's, having nothing else on, I accepted an invitation and free ticket to go and see The Shamen in Southend.
I'd seen them several years earlier when they where a psychedelic rock band with a 60's vibe and I'd quite liked seeing them in a basement club in Romford.

But by the 90's they'd made a transformation into a E-rave/dance band. I wouldn't have minded as much except the bass speakers were louder than Motorhead*, gave me heart palpitations and made me pass out after throwing up.

If I happen to throw up after a drinking session after a gig I consider it my own fault but..... :roll:

* Incidentally, I once fell asleep AT a Motorhead show. :)
ManInBrown
yesican
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by yesican »

The Exploited , Glasgow , Apocalypse Now tour , 1982 , all support bands were good , apart from Discharge , who were fantastic... :grin:
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

theraven1979 wrote:Caught Mansun on their last tour and they were dire - saw them about 5 years before and they were pretty good. Not anymore - gig made worse by soppy couple in front doing slow dancing to their songs. Came out wanting to knife someone.

Jim
Yeah, talk about a band that came off the rails fairly quickly... 'Six' is a great record in my opinion, but that 'Little Kix' album was just the pits.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Yeah definite quick rise then a quick drop in terms of quality - Six is great.

Jim
StanInBlack wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Caught Mansun on their last tour and they were dire - saw them about 5 years before and they were pretty good. Not anymore - gig made worse by soppy couple in front doing slow dancing to their songs. Came out wanting to knife someone.

Jim
Yeah, talk about a band that came off the rails fairly quickly... 'Six' is a great record in my opinion, but that 'Little Kix' album was just the pits.
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

I can't think of anything worse than the world's most overrated band ever, The Clash, in the Ulster Hall, early 1980s.
rotten thoughts
sparrow
SHAKESPEARO

Post by sparrow »

Tina Turner at Murrayfield Stadium in Edinburgh...dont like her music but was dragged along by my missus n' her Brother..everybody seemed to enjoy it except me..pure pish from start to finish. :twisted:
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Hawkwind at Hammersmith Odeon in 1983 - What a pile of fecking shite. I seriously fell asleep with boredom. What a waste of £2!!! :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Hawkwind at Hammersmith Odeon in 1983 - What a pile of fecking shite. I seriously fell asleep with boredom. What a waste of £2!!! :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:
jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by jason »

I got dragged along to see Meatloaf once at Wembley. Longest night of my life. :roll:
Duke in Black
Down In The Sewer

Post by Duke in Black »

theraven1979 wrote: Came out wanting to knife someone.
:lol:

We've all been there!!