Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

jason
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Post by jason »

I wont mention what he did for the encore then! :lol:
Drummerboy
Down In The Sewer

Post by Drummerboy »

Paul weller at Reading in the 90's (not the festival) he was drunk and sounded crap left after 45mins
delboyinblack
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by delboyinblack »

Icicle Works at Glasgow Uni,I was talked into it by a mate and we left to an adjoining bar after a few songs it was that bad.I remember when Hugh left there was talk of Ian McNabb replacing Hugh and I was horrified to say the least.Ian McNabb lead singer of the Stranglers?!,no way!.
Last edited by delboyinblack on 17 May 2013, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not gonna cry i bet he hit that water high
vanian
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by vanian »

tears for fears on their first tour played 45 mins (and that was 45 mins too long ) artsy and arsey dragged their by the girlfriend now wife

and equal Gary numan on warrior & beserker tours - utter utter shite in his C5 - saw him a couple of years ago on the pleasure principle tour and he redeemed himself
derby62
Rats Rally

Post by derby62 »

This is so easy for me-Spandau Ballet at Birmingham odeon 83-they were fuckin awful-yes yes I know it serves me right for going in the first place-but I fear the worst maybe yet to come-to make up for all my Stranglers trips I have agreed !-is that the right word-take the wife to see.....Michael bloody Buble at the o2 in July and what makes extra special it is our wedding anniversary...I can't wait-and as for the cost don't get me started-could have probably done a whole Stranglers tour
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Tears for Fears on their first tour sounds alright to me. Anyway mine was Genesis at Roundhay Park 31/07/1992 - Shockingly wank. Only went cos me mate wanted to go - dragged him to see Stranglers a couple of years after to get me own back.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

derby62 wrote:This is so easy for me-Spandau Ballet at Birmingham odeon 83-they were fuckin awful-yes yes I know it serves me right for going in the first place-but I fear the worst maybe yet to come-to make up for all my Stranglers trips I have agreed !-is that the right word-take the wife to see.....Michael bloody Buble at the o2 in July and what makes extra special it is our wedding anniversary...I can't wait-and as for the cost don't get me started-could have probably done a whole Stranglers tour
Derby County fan personified.
derby62
Rats Rally

Post by derby62 »

Balls to you Mr Spooner :smt003
You'd knowall about us sheep anyway wouldn't you seeing as you have to come this side of the border to earn your living :mrgreen:
ThruBeingCool
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by ThruBeingCool »

derby62 wrote:Balls to you Mr Spooner :smt003
You'd knowall about us sheep anyway wouldn't you seeing as you have to come this side of the border to earn your living :mrgreen:
Yes Phil...driving through Derby week in week out always reminds me that no matter how shit life can be at times....you know the next bit.
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

dan-electro wrote:Thompson Twins, went with girlfriend, Edinburgh Playhouse 1984 :oops:
Funnily enough I think mine was Shriekback, who were Thompson Twins support at the NEC. I thought TT were quite good (for what they were, though there were about a dozen of them on stage, sequencers not being around much then), I also went to see Howard Jones (again, not bad for that kind of thing, bit of a flat voice) who had Strawberry Switchblade as support. Not as bad as the wailing, moaning Shriekback though.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
MrBlack77
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by MrBlack77 »

Sham 69 without pursey at the box in Crewe a couple of years ago was as bad as anything i have seen or care to remember seeing.
MiB81
The Raven
The Raven

Post by MiB81 »

This one:

...I'm making lists of all the people I love,
and all the cunts that should fuck off...