Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

WMT
Down In The Sewer

Re: Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Post by WMT »

Deacon Blue, Dundonald, early 90's. Could just about put up with their 80's pop hits, but they decided to play a recently released shitty album from beginning to end. Self-indulgent pish!
MULLY
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by MULLY »

Beautiful South, Ulster Hall ('90s I think) - went with (then) girlfriend who I had bought tickets for as a birthday present. More interested in a big blow-up ball being punched around the audience than what was happening onstage.

Was also at The Clash gig Iain was talking about - The Defects as support were better - this version of The Clash were nowhere near as exhilarating as their '78 gig, but I didn't really mind the gig that much.
Allow me to re-arrange your face, sometimes I'd really like to get to know you better
dan-electro
Ugly
Ugly

Post by dan-electro »

Thompson Twins, went with girlfriend, Edinburgh Playhouse 1984 :oops:
Hugh - "We had gangs of skinheads coming along trying to cause problems and stuff"
Rick Wakeman - "How did you deal with it?"
Hugh - "Our bass player used to jump off the stage and beat the shit out of them!"
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

Beatles, Apple Records roof. Played havoc with me vertigo.
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
iain
Ugly
Ugly

Post by iain »

MULLY wrote:Beautiful South, Ulster Hall ('90s I think) - went with (then) girlfriend who I had bought tickets for as a birthday present. More interested in a big blow-up ball being punched around the audience than what was happening onstage.

Was also at The Clash gig Iain was talking about - The Defects as support were better - this version of The Clash were nowhere near as exhilarating as their '78 gig, but I didn't really mind the gig that much.

Forgot all about The Defects.
rotten thoughts
Bear Cage
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Bear Cage »

Went to see Elton John in the mid 80s at Wembley Stadium. 'Kool & the Gang' were one of the support acts and were truly awful, but Big Country also played which sort of made up for it.
Then I got tired of counting all of these blessings, and then I just got tired.
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

I'd have to say worst band I've seen were some band who suppoted Sex Pistols at Crystal Palace - can't even remember their name , but SO FAKE it was unbelievable - something like Bring out your Dead or something , made out they were total punk and hard , then afterwardd just mingling in the crowd and they were really NICE - nothing like the stage demeanor - I'm more for just being yourself , not fakery . Music was if I remember just thrash- punk and not very good at that .
All quiet ..........
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Jon the Impaler wrote:I'd have to say worst band I've seen were some band who suppoted Sex Pistols at Crystal Palace - can't even remember their name , but SO FAKE it was unbelievable - something like Bring out your Dead or something , made out they were total punk and hard , then afterwardd just mingling in the crowd and they were really NICE - nothing like the stage demeanor - I'm more for just being yourself , not fakery . Music was if I remember just thrash- punk and not very good at that .
“…And you will know us by the trail of the dead”
ManInBrown
Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Rockula wrote:
Jon the Impaler wrote:I'd have to say worst band I've seen were some band who suppoted Sex Pistols at Crystal Palace - can't even remember their name , but SO FAKE it was unbelievable - something like Bring out your Dead or something , made out they were total punk and hard , then afterwardd just mingling in the crowd and they were really NICE - nothing like the stage demeanor - I'm more for just being yourself , not fakery . Music was if I remember just thrash- punk and not very good at that .
“…And you will know us by the trail of the dead”
Thats the one . Didn't like them much anyway . Dropkick Murphy's on th eother hand , same gig - were superb . Better than the Pistols IMO .
All quiet ..........
clutchingmyteddybear
Rats Rally

Post by clutchingmyteddybear »

porkymeat wrote:Beatles, Apple Records roof. Played havoc with me vertigo.
Yes I was there. They were bloody awful weren't they? I thought they'd be some seats but we ended up right next to the band. Having to brush shoulders with Lennon and co. not enough room to swing a fucking cat. Glad they split up inconsiderate bastards. Asked for me money back but I was told it was free.
Don't get me started about Hendrix at Woodstock. No seats at all. Had to sit on the stage with Mr Jimmy. Burned the fucking guitar. No regard for Heath and Safety, the twat.
You can also hear me shout out Judas at that Bob Dylan concert. I'd like to take the opportunity on this forum to point out it wasn't directed as Mr Zimmerman for plugging in his guitar. I was actually calling out to my mate Judas to get me a drink from the bar. Sorry Bob if I caused any offence. But in truth you did sound a bit shit.
how did I get down here, well it's a long story
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

clutchingmyteddybear wrote:
Yes I was there. They were bloody awful weren't they? I thought they'd be some seats but we ended up right next to the band. Having to brush shoulders with Lennon and co. not enough room to swing a fucking cat. Glad they split up inconsiderate bastards. Asked for me money back but I was told it was free.
Don't get me started about Hendrix at Woodstock. No seats at all. Had to sit on the stage with Mr Jimmy. Burned the fucking guitar. No regard for Heath and Safety, the twat.
You can also hear me shout out Judas at that Bob Dylan concert. I'd like to take the opportunity on this forum to point out it wasn't directed as Mr Zimmerman for plugging in his guitar. I was actually calling out to my mate Judas to get me a drink from the bar. Sorry Bob if I caused any offence. But in truth you did sound a bit shit.
Was it you and your mate Judas who were standing in front of me at the Elvis Presley show at the Overton Park Orchestra Shell in Memphis in '54?
ManInBrown
clutchingmyteddybear
Rats Rally

Post by clutchingmyteddybear »

Rockula wrote:
clutchingmyteddybear wrote:
Was it you and your mate Judas who were standing in front of me at the Elvis Presley show at the Overton Park Orchestra Shell in Memphis in '54?
Fucking hell. Small world innit. I remember you now. That after show party. He said he was going to tour Great Britain and you said, don't quote me here but something like 'don't fucking bother, '
how did I get down here, well it's a long story