Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Post by Jon the Impaler »

Gary Numan - not for the music but for the bloody trip home - missed last train , ended up stranded in Chelmsford at 2am with friends who wouldn't pay the taxi fare to Colchester ( £30 between 4 people) BUT if I paid they were happy to tag along for free - thought fuck it we can wait til 6.30am for first train . Nightmare night , gave up on gigs in London after that - I avoid at all costs and will go to Norwich/Cambridge/Tunbridge - whatever - to avoid London for Stranglers gigs .
All quiet ..........
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

An old girlfriend of mine persuaded me to go and see the Bay City Rollers being supported by The Adicts at The Lyceum in the early 80's.

Now bearing in mind I didn't like either band and I was heavily into The Stranglers/NWOBHM/SKA it was not my cup of tea, but I actually loved both bands :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I kid ye not!!
sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat »

in 1986 me and a few mates went to The Empire to see Sigue Sigue Sputnik. it was a sunday night, we had a car and were fuckin' bored so thought....why not. holy fuck..in the words of Cathrine Tate's Nan...."worra loadov old SHIT!!!!" martin degville got his high heels caught in the monitor wires n went flyin towards the drumkit. ah nearly pissed ma pants. there was a huge hype in the music mags saying...."is this the most dangerous band in the world?"....apparently loadsa violence etc at gigs....bollocks!!!!
evonx
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by evonx »

Bon Jovi at Milton Keynes early this century.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came
parasiteinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by parasiteinblack »

Pop Will Eat Itself in about 2011, the new line up. cak.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"