Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Jon the Impaler
The Raven
The Raven

Re: Worst Non Stranglers gig you've been too.

Post by Jon the Impaler » 12 Apr 2016, 15:15

Gary Numan - not for the music but for the bloody trip home - missed last train , ended up stranded in Chelmsford at 2am with friends who wouldn't pay the taxi fare to Colchester ( £30 between 4 people) BUT if I paid they were happy to tag along for free - thought fuck it we can wait til 6.30am for first train . Nightmare night , gave up on gigs in London after that - I avoid at all costs and will go to Norwich/Cambridge/Tunbridge - whatever - to avoid London for Stranglers gigs .
All quiet ..........

Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 » 12 Apr 2016, 16:04

An old girlfriend of mine persuaded me to go and see the Bay City Rollers being supported by The Adicts at The Lyceum in the early 80's.

Now bearing in mind I didn't like either band and I was heavily into The Stranglers/NWOBHM/SKA it was not my cup of tea, but I actually loved both bands :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I kid ye not!!

sewer rat
Rats Rally

Post by sewer rat » 12 Apr 2016, 18:38

in 1986 me and a few mates went to The Empire to see Sigue Sigue Sputnik. it was a sunday night, we had a car and were fuckin' bored so thought....why not. holy fuck..in the words of Cathrine Tate's Nan...."worra loadov old SHIT!!!!" martin degville got his high heels caught in the monitor wires n went flyin towards the drumkit. ah nearly pissed ma pants. there was a huge hype in the music mags saying...."is this the most dangerous band in the world?"....apparently loadsa violence etc at gigs....bollocks!!!!

evonx
BLUE SISTER
BLUE SISTER

Post by evonx » 12 Apr 2016, 18:54

Bon Jovi at Milton Keynes early this century.
--eric--
i was attracted by a night torchlight parade
and there i came

parasiteinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by parasiteinblack » 12 Apr 2016, 19:56

Pop Will Eat Itself in about 2011, the new line up. cak.
"I woke up on a good day, and the world was wonderful"