Gigs 2013

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Gigs 2013

Post by pigeon »

Ghost and Gorjira at the brixton academy in Febuaray. Two great new heavy metal bands.
Hammer
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Hammer »

Five Minutes wrote:Peter Hook & the Light doing the first two New Order albums, Manchester Cathedral, 18th January.
Yeah, I'm giving that one a go as well. Saw him at Stoke Sugarmill the other week doing 'Unknown Pleasures'. Pretty good gig, place was absolutely rammed.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Hammer wrote:
Five Minutes wrote:Peter Hook & the Light doing the first two New Order albums, Manchester Cathedral, 18th January.
Yeah, I'm giving that one a go as well. Saw him at Stoke Sugarmill the other week doing 'Unknown Pleasures'. Pretty good gig, place was absolutely rammed.

That gig has already sold out.
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Five Minutes wrote:I've just booked a ticket for A Flock of Seagulls in Manchester in January. :P

They've moved the date of the gig forward two months - to the night before the Stranglers!
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
StanInBlack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by StanInBlack »

pigeon wrote:Ghost and Gorjira at the brixton academy in Febuaray. Two great new heavy metal bands.
Is that the Ghost that did the excellent 'Opus Eponymous', or is it a different Ghost?
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Hammer wrote:

Good wasn't it? Excellent sound, excellent venue, though weird place for a gig.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

The Roughneck Riot at the Box in Crewe next Friday, only a fiver should be a decent nigt.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Five Minutes wrote:
Hammer wrote:

Good wasn't it? Excellent sound, excellent venue, though weird place for a gig.
Agreed, I thought this was an excellent gig. Like you, I thought the venue was wierd, but it really suited the Movement part, dark, gloomy, and cold(I've never seen so many people at an indoor gig wearing coats). He struggled with the high vocal bits from the PC&L album, but that's a minor quibble.

As an aside, for some of the gig I was standing near John Robb, I was thinking of asking him why the 'Metz' album wasn't in 'louder than war's' top 200, but he seemed to have people speaking to him all night. He spoke to everyone who came up to him, when I'm sure he would just liked to have watched the gig, respect to him. 8)
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Yeah I saw Robb too, near the back.

http://louderthanwar.com/peter-hook-pla ... ive-review
Turkey Troter
Rats Rally

Post by Turkey Troter »

Just found out The Monochrome Set are playing Bush Hall, London on April 27th. Suposed to be a great venue.
Can't you see can't you see that you're rocking the boat?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Five Minutes wrote:Yeah I saw Robb too, near the back.

http://louderthanwar.com/peter-hook-pla ... ive-review
Thanks for the link. :smile:

There was one or two things in there I didn't know about New Order. Looks like he enjoyed it too. 8)
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »