Madness - Oui, Oui......

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Madness - Oui, Oui......

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

Bloody good album for their nhundreth album.

Good dancing stuff for a bloody good gig.

Anyone else seeing them in the next week or two?
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Madness - Oui, Oui......

Post by theraven1979 »

Not seeing them but just though I'd chip in with yeah it's a good album. Some good tracks on there was quite surprised by it.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
The Strangler
Ugly
Ugly

Post by The Strangler »

Had a few great nights watching Madness. Been thinking about their Cardiff gig (on Friday) for ages, especially as there's a day of ska bands on in Walkabout from noon (for free), including Tattsyrup, who are great. I was really ill last time i saw them (2 years ago i think - only went bcos i'd already bought my ticket) at the same venue, and would like to make up for it. Got another option though - local band called Skacasm (doing plenty of Madness, plus Specials, Beat, Bad Manners etc), which is nearer for £4, and digs at my brothers. Hmm.
Rugby Union is not only the greatest team sport in the world on the field, but without a shadow of a doubt, is the greatest team sport in the world off the field. Nigel Owens.
Hammersmith1982
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Hammersmith1982 »

The Strangler wrote:Had a few great nights watching Madness. Been thinking about their Cardiff gig (on Friday) for ages, especially as there's a day of ska bands on in Walkabout from noon (for free), including Tattsyrup, who are great. I was really ill last time i saw them (2 years ago i think - only went bcos i'd already bought my ticket) at the same venue, and would like to make up for it. Got another option though - local band called Skacasm (doing plenty of Madness, plus Specials, Beat, Bad Manners etc), which is nearer for £4, and digs at my brothers. Hmm.
Sounds like a good night out
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

Wouldnt have minded going to see Madness, some good stuff from the new album.
staginblack
Down In The Sewer

Post by staginblack »

Saw them in Nottingham a couple of weeks ago. It was a great set with a mix of old and new. As ever they started with One Step Beyond and inished with Night Boat but included five or six tracks from the new album which fitted in really well. Really good stage set up and lights as well so they've obviously done well out of their year in the limelight at the Jubilee and Olympics. Nice touch as well is they are issuing an MP3 of one of the new tracks from each gig free of charge.
Ribery
Rats Rally

Post by Ribery »

Can't imagine why the hell Stranglers fans would like Madness !?

Always thought ska/mod/two tone was a load of cobblers tbh and as for the clothes :lol: parkas, crap suits and those ridiculous hats !
aldinblack
The Raven
The Raven

Post by aldinblack »

Ribery wrote:Can't imagine why the hell Stranglers fans would like Madness !?

Always thought ska/mod/two tone was a load of cobblers tbh and as for the clothes :lol: parkas, crap suits and those ridiculous hats !
agreed, I never really liked the style of all that two tone stuff and still find it ridiculous tbh. I remember getting into the first couple of madness albums at the time though, I suppose musically they were pretty good although I never really appreciated their daft humour
I Hate You !
Cricklewood
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Cricklewood »

Ribery wrote:Can't imagine why the hell Stranglers fans would like Madness !?

To me, some of Strangler's mid to late 80's output sounds like Madness songs. They sort of stole the nutty walk and clothing in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ZyaESTxpw
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Oui, Oui... is a good album. Currently available in TESCO for £3.99. Along with a Stranglers 'Best Of' at the same price... :lol:
ManInBrown
Someone like you?
Rats Rally

Post by Someone like you? »

Non-non! I cannot publicly admit to ever liking them..... as my brother was a huge madness fan, and he thought the Stranglers "strange". In fact he hated the MiB.
So, I was duty bound to play the Raven on repeat loudly/repeatedly to piss him off. :smt005
"The future of Britain? Baaaaaaaaaaaaaah!"
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

I can't see why a stranglers fan can't be into whatever the want to be really. Madness are OK, quite harmless stuff, but fun in places, I might get that new album if it's for sale in sainsbury's for 3.99 like rockula says ;)