XTC '77

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: XTC '77

Post by theraven1979 »

On "Living Through Another Cuba" I swear I can here some female opera singer in the background or something. Mental. They must've had a blast recording it in the studio.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

theraven1979 wrote:On "Living Through Another Cuba" I swear I can here some female opera singer in the background or something. Mental. They must've had a blast recording it in the studio.

Jim
Interesting... i'll have to hunt that album out of the old vinyl box... and listen to that particular track on headphones, and try and make out what she is singing!Burn e 77
Something better change!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

To be fair it might just be my tinitus

Jim

Burn e 77 wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:On "Living Through Another Cuba" I swear I can here some female opera singer in the background or something. Mental. They must've had a blast recording it in the studio.

Jim
Interesting... i'll have to hunt that album out of the old vinyl box... and listen to that particular track on headphones, and try and make out what she is singing!Burn e 77
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

I tend to listen to these two more than the early stuff. Although avery influential band, what do you make of the comparison with `Standing In For Joe´ from the `Wasp Star´ album and this one (Barrytown) from the early 70´s Steely Dan.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RjTmp9kCV0

theraven1979 wrote:Apple Venus and Wasp Star = very tasty indeed. Just wished we'd have had a bit more after them 2. Alas!

Jim
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

theraven1979 wrote:To be fair it might just be my tinitus

Jim

Burn e 77 wrote:

Jim
I have actually suffered with Tinnitus in one ear since my mid twenties... so i guess I'm going to hear that opera singer too!
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Retrocanary
Down In The Sewer

Post by Retrocanary »

All the live versions I've seen/heard of Living Through Another Cuba are fantastic and have some nice improvisations at the start as well as being segued into Generals And Majors at the end.
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Retrocanary wrote:All the live versions I've seen/heard of Living Through Another Cuba are fantastic and have some nice improvisations at the start as well as being segued into Generals And Majors at the end.
Hi Retrocanary, are there any DVD's available of the band live, and if so... could you please post me some info.
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
Retrocanary
Down In The Sewer

Post by Retrocanary »

None as far as I'm aware, but quite a few bootlegs and youtube clips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV3VICYeWp0
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

Retrocanary wrote:None as far as I'm aware, but quite a few bootlegs and youtube clips. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV3VICYeWp0
Thanx for that info fella.
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

I am of course thinking of the end of "Smokeless Zone" ! :oops:

Jim

Jim
Burn e 77
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Burn e 77 »

theraven1979 wrote:I am of course thinking of the end of "Smokeless Zone" ! :oops:

Jim

Jim
No worries... so it wasn't the old Tinnitus then!
cheers
Burn e 77
Something better change!
unbroken69
Ugly
Ugly

Post by unbroken69 »

Just noticed in the adverts after the ITV FA Cup coverage, `Stupidly Happy´from the `Wasp Star´album being used to shift DSF sofas. Probably Partridge and Moulding´s biggest pay day.
Oh the bliss, oh the pleasure caressing your ears.