Lemmy The Movie

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Re: Lemmy The Movie

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Bobinblack wrote:bit disappointed to not hear anything really about Fast Eddie or Philthy Phil Taylor though?
I think the clue might be in the title of the movie :smt005 :smt005
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Bobinblack
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Bobinblack »

Toiler On The Sea wrote:
Bobinblack wrote:bit disappointed to not hear anything really about Fast Eddie or Philthy Phil Taylor though?
I think the clue might be in the title of the movie :smt005 :smt005
right, so I imagined the history of Haekwind and all the interviews with Hawkwind members and that lass who got her unfeasibly large norks out every gig then? :lol: Lemmy wouldn't have been anywhere near as famous without the Motorhead years with those two I mentioned. I know Eddie was in the programme a couple of short times but not a word about Philthy, that's all I was meaning.
Think I'll go for a stroll in the trees.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

Bobinblack wrote:not a word about Philthy, that's all I was meaning.
Either he was ignored or was asked and declined!!!
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Jake
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by Jake »

Dunno if Lemmy wouldn't be as 'famous' without Philthy Animal Taylor and Fast Eddie, I'd agree as I think nearly all would, that this line up was the golden era of Motorhead, but I think Lemmy would have probably got there with more or less anyone to play 'rock'n'roll' with. I think it's Lemmy perseverance that got him where he is, that and the fact he has not died yet and is behaving much the same way he has been for forty odd years, makes him dare I say it something of an enigma. But as far as I know Bob, Philthy Animal Taylor is still around and not died of aids as he was reproted to have done as joke???? go figure! Dunno if you'll find much info from these videos but probably a lot of amusement if you haven't watched already
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q3E5TTjuaw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKQruZlmGQA
droopsnoot
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Post by droopsnoot »

I finally got around to watching this over the last few nights - I recorded it from BBC4 when this thread started, and I was running out of room on the hard disk recorder, as if I need an excuse to watch it.

I'm not entirely sure what I think. In a way the film came across a bit like Hugh's book 'A multitude of sins' in that it seemed to have a lot of famous people talking about how great Lemmy was. He came across as quite a realistic down-to-earth kind of bloke, but then if he was an arsehole in real life they probably wouldn't have shown it. It seems strange that he's living in a little rented apartment in LA instead of a mega rock-star pad, but he seems content. At one point it looked as if they'd carefully arranged the backdrop in his apartment to not show a full swastika, but then we got the full effect of it a bit later and I remembered it wasn't a BBC documentary, just happened to be on. As for all the stuff in there, perhaps he could be on the inevitable 'celebrity' edition of 'the hoarder next door'. Still seems to be playing pretty big venues, though.
http://www.firenza.net - my homage to a seventies Vauxhall
Détective Privé
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Détective Privé »

Saw the movie a couple of months ago. Found it rather disappointing, TBO : Lemmy drinking a beer, Lemmy smoking cigarettes, Lemmy playing video games, Lemmy talking about his nazi memorabilia collection, Lemmy standing at the bar, and so on... :smt069
A couple of nice moments, though. Too much Metallica stuff.
You're my incurable malady
I miss the pleasure of your company
Alexinblack
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Alexinblack »

I watched some of it was ok, but i agree to much Metallica for me.
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Motorhead have a new album coming out in September "Aftershcok", i diddnt really think much of "the world is yours" though. Though there best album in recent years has to be 2004s "Infernio" very well produced and great songs to boot.

Though my favourite Motorhead album has to be "bomber". I think they are a great song band for songs from different years. You could probally make a double album of really good album songs including

Damage Case
The chase is better than the catch
We are the road crew
Rock n roll music
Overkill
Stone dead forever
Too late too late
Don't need religion

but you no what your going to get from them. I've only seen them the once at guilfest 2009 where the stranglers were on before them. I have seen the film and in my opinion Lars was the best thing about it. :grin:
porkymeat
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by porkymeat »

He came across as a bit sad really, holed up in that flat surrounded by junk and spending his days in a bar playing on the machines and having fans buy him drinks. I hope Hugh never ends up like that!
I'll even let you drive my motorbike . . .
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

[TEA] ---*spray*---->>>> [Monitor]

I'm joking!!

Jim
porkymeat wrote:He came across as a bit sad really, holed up in that flat surrounded by junk and spending his days in a bar playing on the machines and having fans buy him drinks. I hope Hugh never ends up like that!
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Five Minutes
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Five Minutes »

Not seen it yet but I enjoyed his autobiography.
Last time I came here a friend of mine just got triple-jacked over a steeplehammer and jessop jessop jessop jessop jessop
martininblack6363
Down In The Sewer

Post by martininblack6363 »

For anyone in North America, I watched it recently on Netflix.