Life after tribute bands. :)

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Bubba
Rats Rally

Life after tribute bands. :)

Post by Bubba »

Ey up, everyone. :)

Just wanted to share a recording I've just uploaded which is a cover version of the Only Ones' "Another Girl, Another Planet". Recorded in my spare bedroom on a digital multitracker the size of a dinner place-mat, it features my 12-year-old son Frank on drums. :smile:

http://FastFreeFileHosting.com/file/538 ... 6-wav.html
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
suchi
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Life after tribute bands. :)

Post by suchi »

Bubba wrote:Ey up, everyone. :)

Just wanted to share a recording I've just uploaded which is a cover version of the Only Ones' "Another Girl, Another Planet". Recorded in my spare bedroom on a digital multitracker the size of a dinner place-mat, it features my 12-year-old son Frank on drums. :smile:

Very excellent.... What recorder? Thinking of getting one miself. Have been messing on a Tascam dp004 for a while but fancy something with a few more bells and whistles.

DRUMS :twisted: My lad is drums mad at the mo... Thankfully I can shut him away in the garage...

BTW that should read "Getting Your Life back after tribute bands" :wink:
Isolate the critisism and pass it on.
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

Bubba wrote:Ey up, everyone. :)

Brilliant Bob! You're a op musician and it has shown through with Straighten Out, Po Boys right and down to this. Keep on truckin' :smt006
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

suchi wrote: Very excellent.... What recorder? Thinking of getting one miself. Have been messing on a Tascam dp004 for a while but fancy something with a few more bells and whistles.

DRUMS :twisted: My lad is drums mad at the mo... Thankfully I can shut him away in the garage...

BTW that should read "Getting Your Life back after tribute bands" :wink:
Thanks, Jon :grin:
The recorder's a Boss BR-800 and can be got for about £340 if you shop around. I think it's totally excellent, but the manual is absolutely crap! I had to resort to an internet search to find out how to bounce down tracks, which you'll appreciate is absolutely essential on a recorder of this type. It turns out that the function is buried in the "mastering" section and isn't explicitly referred to as bouncing down - you are kind of expected to make the intuitive leap yourself, which is NOT what you want with an unfamiliar bit of gear! If you buy one and you get stuck, don't hesitate to PM me! :grin: As far as bells and whistles go, you have two stereo tracks and four mono tracks, four-input recording at once, really excellent guitar multi-effects that simulate miked guitar very well, onboard drums if you want them, really good insert effects you can add whilst recording and numerous mixdown effects you can add when mastering. I'm flabbergasted with what you get for the money. It comes bundled with some Digital Audio Workstation software that I have yet to get to the bottom of. :smile: Great for a music hobbyist and I highly recommend it. :smt023
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

fourth horseman wrote: Brilliant Bob! You're a op musician and it has shown through with Straighten Out, Po Boys right and down to this. Keep on truckin' :smt006
Cheers, mate - your compliments are very welcome. 8)
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Spot on Bob, JokerFace have just started doing this, one of my fave songs EVER,
and you'ze do a corking version.

Right, enough of all that old shite, now get some Stranglers covers recorded for Vol.2 8) :wink:
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Oh, and tell the lad- the drums are awesome! 8)
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
Rockula
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Rockula »

Excellent version. Lovely guitar work. And the kid done well. Get him on some Stranglers covers. 8)
ManInBrown
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

Thanks, everyone. :grin: As far as Stranglers songs go I'm trying to decide which ones are suitable. I don't want to attempt a direct recreation cos they tend to fall flat on their faces. :?