Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

ravenlunatic
ManinBlack
ManinBlack

Re: Worst Gig EVER!

Post by ravenlunatic »

iain wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:Last September, Mallory Park: Bumford And Sons. Started badly, never really got going and then tailed off form there. Utter diddly diddly shit from start to finish. :evil:
'get this shite over and get the good band on'...I still laugh at the reaction of Miss Trendy in front of me as she heard me say that to my mate. It was one of these :shock: faces.
"We're probably the least rock and roll band you've ever see".........."Well fuck off then!!!!" :lol:
I tried to make him laugh, He didn't get the joke, and then he said I wasn't right in the head.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Thankfully I only saw 2 mins of them and they were proper shite - Didn't someone say the fans all wore converse and looked like Geography teachers or something?

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
Manc In Black
Ugly
Ugly

Post by Manc In Black »

Wembley Stadium, August 1979 - The Who
Left after 3 numbers - rubbish

Great support band though
Who are the Men In Black
on on on on
Established 11 September 1974
tugg speedman
VERSATRAN SERIES F

Post by tugg speedman »

pigeon wrote:Oasis Finsbury park 2002 on the sunday night. What a let down live.
THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE SHIT END OFF.
IN THE FAAAAAAACCCCCCEEEE
Alias
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by Alias »

Had pretty much the same experience mate.
First saw The Shamen in Fury Murrays in Glasgow, when they were a Dundee
5 piece, I think. I still reckon it was the loudest gig I've been at, dunno if I
was stood in line with an amp or summit, but my ears were bleeding after
the first couple of tunes.
Saw them again round about the Gorbachev times, Nitemoves, I think,
then the next time I went to see them they were at the School of Art.
I should have guessed by the weird aceeedy looking crowd that had crawled
out that things had changed- t was pish acid rave DJ stuff all night, the band
never came on till about 1in the morning (we'd been in about 9pm, usual gig time,
having to endureall the pish bleepy tunes) and when they finally came on we only
ended up hanging around for about two songs- nightmare-night, thought it would
never end. Still cant look at a fluorescent whistle without lashing out.
Gene Regulation wrote:The Shamen, Calton Studios, Embra, Oct 1990.

Pub I drank in had "In Gorbachev we Trust" on the JB, we pretty much played it to death & bought tickets off the back of it. However, unbeknowns to us, Angus and Sinnott had delved head long into the dance/acid scene & the tickets duly arrived bearing "Synergy with the Shamen" emblazoned on them.

To cut a long story short, it was a steaming pile of pish topped off with somebody throwing a pint, over the now sadly departed Sin, stopping the gig in an instant. "Up here, now!" ranted the bassist, as the bouncers grabbed the guy, us thinking 'Yes, it's going to kick off'. Only for us to fall about laughing, on hearing the said pint thrower being told "Now dance!", when he got up on stage.

Suffice to say we headed straight back to the nearest pub.

To get my drift, they went from this, to this
I'm a comedian and poet, so anything that doesn't get a laugh is a poem. B.Hicks.

"Further modulation of the frequency rotation, Triggered waveband activation - near elation"

'Why are you so edgy, kid ?'
sparrow
SHAKESPEARO

Post by sparrow »

Tina Turner at Murrayfield Edinburgh..got dragged along by me wife. Didn't enjoy a note and we got lost on the way out took 2 hours to find the car.. :oops:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Clearly you'd gone to hell!

Welcome

Jim
sparrow wrote:Tina Turner at Murrayfield Edinburgh..got dragged along by me wife. Didn't enjoy a note and we got lost on the way out took 2 hours to find the car.. :oops:
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
FenDale
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by FenDale »

ravenlunatic wrote:
iain wrote:
ravenlunatic wrote:Last September, Mallory Park: Bumford And Sons. Started badly, never really got going and then tailed off form there. Utter diddly diddly shit from start to finish. :evil:
'get this shite over and get the good band on'...I still laugh at the reaction of Miss Trendy in front of me as she heard me say that to my mate. It was one of these :shock: faces.
"We're probably the least rock and roll band you've ever see".........."Well fuck off then!!!!" :lol:
Unbelievably dull, repetitive and overhyped bollocks. As my mate who was there described it "All their songs are the same: they start of quiet, possibly just one acoustic guitar, gradually build up to a bit of a ho down and then go back to the quiet bit again"!

I cannot believe that this band are both successful and award winning (Brit for best album?! I mean ferfuxake!). At least they had the good grace to look sheepish at their reception that evening i.e. about 30 screaming girlies, polite applause from a few geography teachers and the bird from the rest of us!
If Karen Carpenter had eaten Mama Cass' sandwich they'd both still be alive today!