Adam Ant - Lost It Again!

Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

Freddie Laker
Ugly
Ugly

Re: Adam Ant - Lost It Again!

Post by Freddie Laker »

Apologies if this has been posted before - surely one of his finest... :wink: :grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlwDrpTq2Mo
TWO SUNSPOTS
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by TWO SUNSPOTS »

Gene Regulation wrote:More Tour dates.
Adam Ant & The Good The Mad & the Lovely Posse
have announced the next leg of their tour starting in November 2011 with more dates and venues to follow as soon as confirmed.

November 11th - Bristol O2 Academy
November 12th - Leamington Spa Assembly
November 13th - Bournemouth Pavillion
November 19th - London (Venue to be confirmed)
December 2nd - Tunbridge Wells Assembly Theatre
December 3rd - Portsmouth Pyramids
December 4th - Cambridge Corn Exchange
December 6th - Guildford Civic Hall
December 9th - Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall
December 10th - Leeds O2 Academy
December 11th - Edinburgh Picture House (£22.50 + fees)
December 13th - Newcastle O2 Academy

Tickets go on Sale from 18th July 2011
Bristol for me, he was superb in Cardiff last month.

I will have The Damned on the 9th
UK Subs/Anti Nowhere League / Motorhead on 10th
Adam Ant on 11th....
Freedom, there ain't no f**king freedom!!!!
miserablewoman
Ugly
Ugly

Post by miserablewoman »

Out last night with the incredibly sexy Ms Shazzer to see him at Leeds O2 - we originally booked it as a ‘bit of a giggle’ but came away impressed with what was a good gig.

The mission impossible task of finding somewhere to eat in Leeds that wasn’t fully booked out for Xmas parties :roll: did mean we got in slightly late and I’m assuming missed the first song, but the gig was packed and we eventually squeezed our way through to a spot half way back and just behind a highwayman! :lol: I don’t know much about Mr Goddard’s solo material so there was plenty of stuff I’d not heard before but the band were excellent - everything was very rocky - and I thought very enjoyable. There was only one glam girl on stage last night - I believe there were more at the start of the tour? - and Shazzer did comment on how she appeared ‘confident in herself’ as each time she returned on stage with less and less clothes. We were trying to calculate how many encores they might risk before she ran out of underwear completely :shock: ... in the end there were two (encores that is) ... the second having Prince Charming which I thought was perhaps the poorest played song of the night though doubt the audience were that bothered as everyone was doing the ‘dance’.

Highlights for me were Kings of the Wild Frontier and Ant Music - the latter was superb! 8)

Many Thanks to my lovely gig-buddy for helping to make it such a fab night :smt006
YOU WERE FOREVER ... I WAS JUST A PAUSE ...
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

miserablewoman wrote:There was only one glam girl on stage last night - I believe there were more at the start of the tour? - and Shazzer did comment on how she appeared ‘confident in herself’ as each time she returned on stage with less and less clothes
Georgie Baillie?? probably
"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.