Try to go there!
Cheers from Belgium!
un jour parfait
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Re: Polyphonic Size Reunion

Post by theraven1979 »

Would love to - Shame this didn't happen 8 months ago when I was in Brussels - Oh well. Maybe it will be recorded and released for those who can't make it.

Jim
womaninblack wrote::smt006
Thanks for the good news Jim!
Try to go there!
Cheers from Belgium!
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

What album does "Le Rabatteur Des Sectes" appear on? This was the only track at the convention I'm not familiar with.

Jim
Détective Privé
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by Détective Privé »

theraven1979 wrote:What album does "Le Rabatteur Des Sectes" appear on? This was the only track at the convention I'm not familiar with.

Jim

it appears on their 2nd album, "Walking Everywhere", produced by JJ back in 1983. Actually, they played several tracks from this LP at the Convention : Le Rocker De La CIA, Walking Class Hero, and Le Rabatteur Des Sectes. This album was released on Virgin Records, and is now out of print for quite a long time, not even available on iTunes, I'm afraid. I might post a mp3 vinyl copy here in the near future.
Cheers,
DP

You're my incurable malady
I miss the pleasure of your company
Cells&Plasma
The Raven
The Raven

Post by Cells&Plasma »

Détective Privé wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:What album does "Le Rabatteur Des Sectes" appear on? This was the only track at the convention I'm not familiar with.

Jim

it appears on their 2nd album, "Walking Everywhere", produced by JJ back in 1983. Actually, they played several tracks from this LP at the Convention : Le Rocker De La CIA, Walking Class Hero, and Le Rabatteur Des Sectes. This album was released on Virgin Records, and is now out of print for quite a long time, not even available on iTunes, I'm afraid. I might post a mp3 vinyl copy here in the near future.
Cheers,
DP

Yes please Sir..I love that LP...Brussels Waltz.... 8) :wink:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Ah right - I have this somewhere - this track must have passed me by somehow - It rocked like a mother at the convention. I'll dig it out this weekend.

Do the band have any plans to reissue (I know they did a vinyl box set recently but what about CD?) - They coulda shifted a few units at the convention I reckon.

Thanks

Jim
Détective Privé wrote:

Jim

Cheers,
DP

Détective Privé

I don't think there will be any CD reissue. You know how things go with records companies nowadays... But the band is currently working on a download service. And I know they should start recording some new material pretty soon.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Fantastic!

Jim
Détective Privé wrote:I don't think there will be any CD reissue. You know how things go with records companies nowadays... But the band is currently working on a download service. And I know they should start recording some new material pretty soon.
Toiler On The Sea
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by Toiler On The Sea »

"They don’t come much better than The Stranglers when performing live; there is no pretence, no hiding place, just superb music"

Liverpool Sound and Vision March 8th 2013.
Détective Privé

Thanks for the videos. Actually, the 2 girlies (the blonde & the brunette) are quite new in the band. This was their third gig with Polyphonic Size. They are also known in Brussels as Les Vedettes, and have been playing with various bands and singers including Arno (TC Matic). Roger-Marc (lead vocals / guitar / keyboards) founded PSize back in 1979. On bass is Mika, also playing with the famous belgian band Ghinzu. Alice and Mandy, the keyboards and guitar players are Roger-Marc's daughters. Their mother used to sing with PSize in the 80's !
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Too much eye candy. Seriously though all very talented and adds to the cool vibe to the band. I hope they keep going for a few years yet.

Jim

Détective Privé wrote:Thanks for the videos. Actually, the 2 girlies (the blonde & the brunette) are quite new in the band. This was their third gig with Polyphonic Size. They are also known in Brussels as Les Vedettes, and have been playing with various bands and singers including Arno (TC Matic). Roger-Marc (lead vocals / guitar / keyboards) founded PSize back in 1979. On bass is Mika, also playing with the famous belgian band Ghinzu. Alice and Mandy, the keyboards and guitar players are Roger-Marc's daughters. Their mother used to sing with PSize in the 80's !