Discuss any non-related Stranglers bands here

Moderator: StanInBlack

doninblack
The Raven
The Raven

Re: magazine

Post by doninblack »

Ah, the irony. The source of all great humour. :grin:
theraven1979 wrote:And this coming from a man who was in a tribute band!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim
Bubba wrote:I can't believe you're all thinking of going to watch this travesty. For fuck's sake, Adamson's bassplaying is the core of Magazine! I put him in the same league of importance as JJ. Would you go to see the Stranglers without JJ? Of course you would. You still go to see them without Hugh - I don't know why I bother.
Talking bullshit on a slow repeat.
Bubba
Rats Rally

Post by Bubba »

theraven1979 wrote:And this coming from a man who was in a tribute band!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim
Bubba wrote:I can't believe you're all thinking of going to watch this travesty. For fuck's sake, Adamson's bassplaying is the core of Magazine! I put him in the same league of importance as JJ. Would you go to see the Stranglers without JJ? Of course you would. You still go to see them without Hugh - I don't know why I bother.
I could see your point, except that they aren't on tour billed as a Magazine tribute band, which they should be - with only two original members left. :|
Black, Burnel, Cornwell, Greenfield
Hugh in Black
Rats Rally

Post by Hugh in Black »

Bubba wrote:

Jim
I could see your point, except that they aren't on tour billed as a Magazine tribute band, which they should be - with only two original members left. :|
Three original members - John Doyle was in them during their classic 1978-81 period. And you can't really call them for not having John McGeoch on guitar. Why don't you go and see them and then make your judgement.
Hughie in Black
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

The new stuff sounds good - "Holy Dotage" is on their site and Marc Riley played a very rude song last night (it's on listen again). Sounds like classic Magazine with a contempary sound - I can't imagine it will set the world alight but to the likes of us it's most welcome.

Jim
"I bathed in sun and walked in rain
It taught me how to laugh again"
pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

Who gives a fuck? No one apart from the has been zimmerframe crowed like you 5 people. :mrgreen:
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

Awwww poor Pidge :lol: Despite the many Metallica threads you've started on this forum over the years I'd guess that there's a fair few more interested parties in Magazine.

Also, I'm about 6 years older than you so you best start saving for that frame old man!

Jim
pigeon wrote:Who gives a fuck? No one apart from the has been zimmerframe crowed like you 5 people. :mrgreen:
fourth horseman
The Man They Love To Hate

Post by fourth horseman »

theraven1979 wrote:Awwww poor Pidge :lol: Despite the many Metallica threads you've started on this forum over the years I'd guess that there's a fair few more interested parties in Magazine.

Also, I'm about 6 years older than you so you best start saving for that frame old man!

Jim
pigeon wrote:Who gives a fuck? No one apart from the has been zimmerframe crowed like you 5 people. :mrgreen:
Haha, and I'm about 8 or 9 years younger than you Adam and you like a band who hit the big time in the same period as these. Sort it out :lol:
Shove it up yer bollocks then!
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Brilliant, after the 'sensitive 6' we now have the 'Zimmerframe 5'. :smile:

Anyway, Jim do you have a link to Holy Dotage, I can't find it anywhere? No doubt it's my age you know. :smile:
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b01493zl 1 hour 8 mins in - best move any kids out of earshot!

Jim
theraven1979
Maninwhite
Maninwhite

Post by theraven1979 »

pigeon
Man Of The Earth
Man Of The Earth

Post by pigeon »

fourth horseman wrote:
theraven1979 wrote:Awwww poor Pidge :lol: Despite the many Metallica threads you've started on this forum over the years I'd guess that there's a fair few more interested parties in Magazine.

Jim
Haha, and I'm about 8 or 9 years younger than you Adam and you like a band who hit the big time in the same period as these. Sort it out :lol:

Hehe as i said the ODD 5 or 6 :grin:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Thanks Jim, Sounds like a really good track live to me. I'd already listened to the other track on the 6music website, makes 'Bring on the Nubiles' sound like a nursery rhyme. :shock: Surprised he was allowed to play it on early evening radio.
To offend, or be offended is purely subjective.